“Wow” 5 of 5 bubbles

21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Wow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2011

Challenging, beautiful, state-of-the-art courses. Hop on a high-tech golf cart. GPS will never be so much fun again. Here is where my dad and I made memories we will never forget, truly!

Madison, Wisconsin
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great service, beautiful course.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

The service at the bar and the pro shop were great. They went out of their way to help us and provided great service. We liked the little amenities provided to us.

Visited October 2011
Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Love this course”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2011

Stayed at the Wilderness condos with friends, 3 BD, 3 Bath, great set up, and also golfed at Wild Rock Golf course. One of my new favorite courses in Wisconsin. Not terribly long, but greens very challenging! Love the facility and great carts with GPS, and tips for each hole.
can be a slow round, plan 5 hours. One day we played and it was cart path only, would not reccommend, or ever do that again on this course, was 6 hour round! But lucky it was a nice day and a great course!

Can't wait to play it again!!!

Visited September 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Incredible Golf Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2011

Wat a wonderful course with great vistas on several holes and beautiful wildlife all around.

The course was in great condition and is extremely tough, but fair and fun. Best course in the dells by far.

Visited August 2011
Rochester, Minnesota
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“BUSHLEAGUE!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2011

I will preface this review with saying that if I had a foursome I probably would have given it a 4/5 or at least a 3/5.

I've played some nice courses all across the country; MI, MN, NV, and AZ, but none have made me as furrious as this one. Worst of all it wasn't even the course it self that did it. It was the staff. I made my tee time a couple of days in advance after reading the reviews of Wild Rock, Trappers Turn, and Coldwater Canyon on Tripadvisor. When I arrived at the club house the day of my tee time I found out I was going to have to pay an extra $20 for my wife to just ride along with me. This is something I never even had to pay for at Jack Nickalus's Reflection Bay. I just told myself though "whatever, it's a tourist town and it's suppose to be pretty scenic on the course." I go down to the starters and get a bag of range balls to hit and loosen up before my round. Only after this do they tell me that they have paired me with another couple.

Now I don't know about some of you, but I haven't been paired with strangers on a course since I quit playing municipal courses over a decade ago. So now they already have my $100 (for me and my wife to "ride along") and they're telling me that we don't even get to go by ourselves. When I went in to complain to the club manager all I got for the longest time was "what do you expect? I have to make a profit don't I?" Finally, when another gentlemen complained (for being in the same predicament I was with his wife and being paired) they agreed to let us go out on our own a little later or refund us (minus the $20 late cancellation fee).

So almost an hour after my original scheduled tee time I was finally able to set off, and I'll be honest the first impretion you get driving in is "this can't be the right course. it looks like crap." As it turns out I was right it wasn't the right course. The course you see driving in is the executive course. The real Wild Rock looks much more like it should, at least until you step up onto the tee box. The tee boxes were in really rough shape. They're super soft and spongey, which in turn gets torn up very easily by everyone's spikes. Maybe it's just my poor game too, but this seemed to affect my drives too. My club head would push down into it and I skyed a couple of drives.

The rest of the course is much like what you would expect for about $80/round. Nice close cut fairways. Short receptive greens, although the speeds seemed to be somewhat inconsistent. The other major short fall of the course is that there is NO TURN whatsoever. You go right from 9 to 10. If you're lucky there just might be someone at the grill between holes cooking, but I suspect they only use those for events. So good luck.

I do want to mention the boys working as the starters and taking and returning your clubs up to the bag drop. They were great. Management could really learn a few things about customer service from these guys. They were the one bright spot of my round, and if not for them I probably would have given Wild Rock a 1/5.

All in all I was just very let down and I know for sure I will not be returning or ever recommending Wild Rock to anyone I know visiting the Dells. Next time I'll take a stab at Coldwater Canyon.

Visited August 2011