“You pay for the atmosphere”

Buffalo Phil's Pizza & Grille
Ranked #10 of 190 Restaurants in Wisconsin Dells
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Families love our Train Delivered Food! Buffalo Phil's menu includes Rotisserie Chicken, BBQ, Pizzas & Lil' Buckaroo Meals. Stop in & try our All-You-Can-Eat Lunch Buffet with Pizzas, Pastas, Salads & Soups served daily from 11am-3pm ! Come to eat, stay to play at Knuckleheads Bowling & Indoor Amusement Park next door! We're located next to the Outlets at the Dells!
Winnipeg, Manitoba
“You pay for the atmosphere”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The food was mediocre at best. What kid says that they did not like the pizza. The service and atmosphere was fun and appropriate. Unfortunately the food did not measure up.

Visited July 2013

• Turkish first
Southern Illinois
“One of the best places to eat in the dells.”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This was one of the last places we dined at in the dells and we surprised ourselves by saving the best for last. We ate a late lunch to avoid the crowds and were there in time to still get the lunch buffet. The buffet had a great salad bar and two different soups including chicken tortilla soup which I was going to order off the menu! The buffet still has breakfast items on it which my kids loved because they love bacon. The pizza on the buffet had a huge selection and was kept filled and hot the entire time even though we were there at the end of the buffet time. We sat at a table where the trains deliver your food so we had the trains bring us our drinks. The food on the menu was pretty pricey but from what we saw others have, it looked great and the burgers were huge and looked delicious. If we ever come back to the dells this will be a must!

plymouth
“great time”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

kids loved this place the food was great too. it was attached to knuckle heads dinner and the huge acrade cant go wrong

Visited July 2013
“Great for kids!!”
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Food was good-we ordered pizza (excellent) and cheese bread (nothing special). The atmosphere is great-trains everywhere! Sitting by the main train at the "bar" isn't conducive to conversation but cool for kids. Note: you can be served by train at tables too! I'd recommend that option ( way more space!) p

Madison, Wi
“Went for the kids but had fun too”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Just returned from the Dells today and on the way home stopped here for lunch. Have seen the signs for years and our 3 yr old grandson loves trains so this was a must stop.

First let me tell you the place is a lot larger than I thought also if you ant the train food service you need to be in the back dining room. Grandson loved the trains and I gotta admit I had a lot of fun too.

Our daughter had the Lunch Buffet, looked decent enough but nothing that really jumped out at me as unusual or exceptional. The margaritas are good but not special and certainly not potent.

Now that being said I had the Pulled Pork Sandwich and my wife had the Alamo Burger, both came with fries. The pork was great, tender juicy and a more than ample serving quantity. My wife knew she had ordered a half-pound burger that tasted as good as it looked. And the fries, well some of the best wedge fries I have had - nice firm potatoes and fired to perfection and no grease at all.

Go for the trains, enjoy the food but I would order off the menu and get something specific and maybe not have the buffet. Not that it was bad but not my choice.