“Great for kids!!”

Buffalo Phil's Pizza & Grille
Ranked #10 of 191 Restaurants in Wisconsin Dells
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Families love our Train Delivered Food! Buffalo Phil's menu includes Rotisserie Chicken, BBQ, Pizzas & Lil' Buckaroo Meals. Stop in & try our All-You-Can-Eat Lunch Buffet with Pizzas, Pastas, Salads & Soups served daily from 11am-3pm ! Come to eat, stay to play at Knuckleheads Bowling & Indoor Amusement Park next door! We're located next to the Outlets at the Dells!
“Great for kids!!”
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Food was good-we ordered pizza (excellent) and cheese bread (nothing special). The atmosphere is great-trains everywhere! Sitting by the main train at the "bar" isn't conducive to conversation but cool for kids. Note: you can be served by train at tables too! I'd recommend that option ( way more space!) p

• Turkish first
Madison, Wi
“Went for the kids but had fun too”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Just returned from the Dells today and on the way home stopped here for lunch. Have seen the signs for years and our 3 yr old grandson loves trains so this was a must stop.

First let me tell you the place is a lot larger than I thought also if you ant the train food service you need to be in the back dining room. Grandson loved the trains and I gotta admit I had a lot of fun too.

Our daughter had the Lunch Buffet, looked decent enough but nothing that really jumped out at me as unusual or exceptional. The margaritas are good but not special and certainly not potent.

Now that being said I had the Pulled Pork Sandwich and my wife had the Alamo Burger, both came with fries. The pork was great, tender juicy and a more than ample serving quantity. My wife knew she had ordered a half-pound burger that tasted as good as it looked. And the fries, well some of the best wedge fries I have had - nice firm potatoes and fired to perfection and no grease at all.

Go for the trains, enjoy the food but I would order off the menu and get something specific and maybe not have the buffet. Not that it was bad but not my choice.

Minnesota
“Very cool restaurant!”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

This place is amazing! The décor is fabulous with rustic interior, very cabin like and its 2 floors! If coming here with younger kids, its wroth the wait for the seating in the train room! There is a train that goes around the room and delivers your food to your table! Super fun for the kids and adults :)

Mars, PA
“A Pleasant Surprise”
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

My whole family enjoyed this restaurant. We saw the billboards on our way to Wisconsin Dells and knew we had to try it. The restaurant is really nice - we were expecting a dive bar. You have to get a train table if you have kids. All s their meals are delivered on a train. What a cool idea. My husband got the half chicken meal. The chicken was delicious and he got so much food - it was a great deal. The kids meals were a great value too. We were given a coupon for a free train ride at Knuckleheads after our meal. Knuckleheads is an arcade connected to Buffalo Phil's. The train ride is not a slow easy ride. It is a small roller coaster inside the arcade. It was so much fun! The games are reasonably priced in this arcade. It was a great end to a wonderful meal.

Palatine, Illinois
“It's all about the trains!”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

You get your food delivered to you via train, if you want to (must specify to sit in the train room when seated). This was unique and had excellent kid-appeal. We would go back for that reason alone. The food was decent -- we had pizza & quesedillas. Their home made sodas were excellent! Loved every one we tried. Only complaint was the flies. Might be hard to control, but we were swatting more than anything & covered our pizza with napkins to keep it 'safe.' Maybe some flypaper tucked away somewhere would help? Our waiter said, 'these things happen, flies are hard to control' -- which may be true, but it was really kind of annoying & a little bit gross.

Visited July 2013