“Train brings the food!”

Buffalo Phil's Pizza & Grille
Ranked #10 of 184 Restaurants in Wisconsin Dells
Cuisines: Barbecue, American, Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Families love our Train Delivered Food! Buffalo Phil's menu includes Rotisserie Chicken, BBQ, Pizzas & Lil' Buckaroo Meals. Stop in & try our All-You-Can-Eat Lunch Buffet with Pizzas, Pastas, Salads & Soups served daily from 11am-3pm ! Come to eat, stay to play at Knuckleheads Bowling & Indoor Amusement Park next door! We're located next to the Outlets at the Dells!
La Salle, IL
“Train brings the food!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

We arrived about 12:45pm.
The train was the best part - my son was over the moon about it! They kept sending it by with different little toys on it and he was just so happy, nothing could ruin the good time we had there lol
I had the buffet (I'm a salad eater) and the salad bar was great. Lot of variety, good, fresh toppings and fresh buns. I didn't eat any of the soup as they put things in there I didn't like. When it came to the actual pizza/pasta part - it wasn't anything special at all. I prefer the cracker type crust over the thicker one, so I was happy they had my two favorites (veggie and pepperoni) on the buffet, but there wasn't really even anything else on there. The pasta was dry and a little shriveled...both sauces (white and marinara) were awful. They also had green beans and a mac and cheese dish I didn't try because they looked a little old.
My husband opted for the ribs - good choice! They were very good and he really enjoyed them. It came with french fries, cornbread and cowboy beans. If you've never had them (beans) - this the place to try them! They were awesome (I ate them!)
All in all - we'll go back again, but I've learned my lesson...I'll eat off the menu for sure.

1 Thank KristinesShower

• Turkish first
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Sticky tables, so-so salad bar”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

When we walked in, the place looked really impressive. Very cool rustic design and I loved the chu-chu train that goes around (reminded me of Mr.Roger's neighborhood). Although it was not busy, service was on the slow side. The tables were all sticky because of the gloss they put over the wood... my arms kept sticking. The booth seats were busted and sunk down in areas. It felt like I was sitting at a giant's table, kids would definitely need a booster seat. The food was ok, nothing to rave about. Overpriced... but what isn't in WI Dells. I don't think I'd go back.

Columbus
“Food came on the train”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

We had a long wait but the boys really liked that our food came on the train. The food was good and plenty to see while we wait. Killed time in knuckle heads. Staff was helpful.

1 Thank Sarah H
Waupaca, WI
“If you must go, go for lunch!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

We've been here for lunch a couple of times and have always enjoyed it. We decided to go for dinner this time and it was a huge disappointment. The wait time was underestimated, the service was very poor, the food was expensive and didn't even taste good. It was too busy and took our server too long to show up to even bother complaining. Our lunch experiences were never this bad--probably because they're less busy then.

White Bear Lake, Minnesota
“Overpriced tourist trap”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

I can't believe we fell for going here with the "trains deliver your food" spiel. Food was all bad to average and the cost was high. Would have been better going where the locals go.