“Disappointed” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn Wisconsin Dells

You added Americas Best Value Inn Wisconsin Dells to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn Wisconsin Dells
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2504 Wisconsin Dells Parkway, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965 (Formerly Econo Lodge Wisconsin Dells)   |
Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
New Vantage Hotels App
Ranked #70 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
GreenLeadersGold level
South Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I thought I would be well taken care of because of the fact that I am a member of the choice hotel system. However, our room smells, it is tiny, the pillows are stained & the toilet hasn't been cleaned. I would have fathered stayed in a different hotel.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars
Prince T, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Wisconsin Dells, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. I have shared your comments with our housekeeping staff. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Booked online. Upon arrival to an empty parking lot, deceiving photos, closed outdoor pool, tiny over chlorinated indoor pool, thin walls, dirty room. Called econo lodge to complain and told franchise owned. Nothing they can do. Did I mention the STAINED and stinky towels and bedsheets? ? Beware.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Wisconsin Dells hotels

Grand Cayman
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Upon pulling into the parking lot we found the outdoor pool not open. The summer season starts in the area Memorial Weekend. We were NEVER TOLD the pool was not open. When asking about and stated we wanted a refund we were told only for one room, asked for a manager and were told there was no one. Brought in the other party and they stated it was not ok and they needed to refund both. She then said I told you and I told you about the indoor pool and free breakfast. She had done no such thing. Asked again for Mgr and again told there was no one. Then the phone rang and someone asked for the MGR, she told the he was at the other hotel and as she knew we heard that she walked out of the room . A couple minutes layer in comes the invisible Manager. The woman stated she had informed us about the pool 2 times in front of the manager. We told him she had not & she was lying. Finally he agreed to refund both. Then she said oh well sorry I didn't tell you. The property is very poorly maintained. Other people checking were not given the resisted room and they were shuffled of to a different room. They stated the pool would not be open until sometime in July...OMG.....scary place, don't lie to people and jerk them around. Management should have no reason to hide in the back corner.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Downers Grove, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Stayed at the Econo Lodge in Wisconsin Dells while en route to another event. Best price in Wisconsin Dells (mid-week, June) was the main factor. Didn't use it, but indoor pool looked nice, outdoor pool covered over. Breakfast was not bad, waffle machine always appreciated, rest of it basic continental fare. Faucet in tub and sink not working properly (hot and cold not where they should be), but functional. Bottom line: A perfectly adequate stop for a night, but I'd want someplace nicer if I'm coming to the Dells on vacation.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Prince T, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Wisconsin Dells, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Wish you had given us a chance to correct any issues you had by letting us know during your stay. Your satisfaction is important to us. We will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.
Birmingham, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Traveling on the HOTROD Power Tour this year our final destination took us to Wisconsin Dells. Upon Arriving, seeing the dead shrubs in front, you start to wonder. Opening the door, the smell is a give away that this place could be hiding a rotting corpse. Windows fogged over, floors nasty and dirty, everything outdated and not refurbished within last 30 years. Burns on bed spread, nasty coffee pot and grounds left behind from previous victim. We tried to get another place but everything in 20 mile radius was booked. Thought seriously about sleeping in car. Checked bed for bed bugs, looked clear, so called the wife and told her this could be our last conversation, I love you................ The area is a resort, so it is staffed with kids from Croatia and other European places. Very hard to understand their broken English, but we got through the language barrier. BTW this room cost us $149.00.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

For Wisconsin Dells you can't beat the price. The bed was comfortable but not luxurious. The staff was VERY polite and service oriented. The free breakfast is awesome. The high speed internet was spotty and not very high speed though. For less than $50 though you can't expect everything. I'd stay here again if I needed to.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank imatravelor
Prince T, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Wisconsin Dells, responded to this review, June 3, 2014

Minneapolis, MN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

My friends and I stayed at this location on Monday night. I chose the location because it was close to Pirates Cove Mini Golf. I had stayed there also years ago when it was a Days Inn, so I knew the location. The outside of the building is okay, my friends checked us in and we had to climb stairs to our room (what, no rooms on the first floor?). Our room was spacious, but smelled musty and closed up. The air conditioning unit for the room was outdated and needed to be replaced as our room did not get cool even though I had the thing turned up. The room was so muggy and musty. The room was pretty clean - at least appeared that way. There were some stray hairs on the bathroom floor and the shower could be cleaned better (none of us used the shower). The beds were pretty comfortable although the pea green bedspreads left something to be desired. Our room had a fridge, which was nice, but there didn't seem to be enough electrical outlets. There was a lamp in the room that we couldn't use because it wasn't near an outlet. The door didn't seem to close properly - it locked but it didn't seem securely - so we had the safety locks closed to ensure our safety. The outside windows could really use a wash - ours looked like someone threw milk on the window.

We all figured though for the $50 that we paid for the night we were getting what we paid for. The breakfast room was smelly (like sour milk) and the choices were nothing to write home about but they weren't bad either. The funny thing was, when my friends checked out , the front desk agent said that they were a Renovated Econo Lodge, but I didn't see anything that resembled a renovated of anything. Let's just say the next time I go to the Wisconsin Dells, I'll fork out more money. If the hotel would put some money into new bedding, new air conditioning and fixing up the place, they could get a lot more money per night. My friend said he did enjoy all the cable channel selections :)

Green Features: They are environmentally friendly? If they were, one would think they would have more energy efficient air conditioning units in the rooms.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Crazy4Casinos
Prince T, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Wisconsin Dells, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. I have shared your comment with our staff. We are taking step to insure better experience. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.