“Horrible stay”

Americas Best Value Inn Wisconsin Dells
Ranked #72 of 74 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 5, 2013

This was the worse stay of my life. I made the reservations for me and my friends for a get away and it turned out to be a nightmare. Both pools were not working, no microwave and no refrigerator in room. The bathroom was so small. The bedding looked dirty and bed was very uncomfortable. The room also had an awfull smell....they put us in another room and that was not good. The continental breakfast was a joke. Half of the machines were working. I would like a credit on my stay. At lease 1/2 off or more. I will never stay at any of the chains. I would be embarrassed to even be employed there. Please respond to this . Nancy C

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Nancy C
just_a_traveler3000, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Wisconsin Dells, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share your recent experience at our hotel. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

My husband and I were celebrating our thirty-six year anniversary. We decided to go to a fun p,ace. This hotel is the worst in the entire world. We could have stayed at an overpass, and been safer, cleaner and happier! Bed bugs, dirty room. Nasty linen, poor, poor, poor customer service. It is my unbiased opinion that this place should receive a visit from the health department! They even have the audacity to require a seventy-two hour cancellation policy. They should allow you to cancel the moment you walk in the lobby. Disgusting, horrible, yuck!!! Do yourself a favor, run, don't walk to the nearest overpass.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nica W

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Unidentifiable stains on walls, sofa cushions and pillows; murky pool water smelled like urine (could not see bottom of pool even at shallow end); most everything in room was broken to some degree (remote control, window screens, door trim, toilet tank, outlet covers, sofa sleeper, curtain rod); hotel hot tub jets didn't work; sauna did not work; outdoor pool was closed; continental breakfast did not have juice, milk, or coffee; only one bath towel provided in room; the hotel manager was nowhere to be found for the entire weekend and the front desk staff seemed frustrated with the large number of complaints coming from the guests and no real sense/guidance of how to resolve those complaints. Unauthorized charges are still being made to my credit card by the hotel even though I am no longer there.

Room Tip: Protect yourselves and simply do not stay here, even if it's the only place available. If you s...
3  Thank Kristen B

Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is by far the worst hotel I have ever seen. Do not stay there! I had 2 free nights and I still did not stay. While I was checking in 2 ladies complained of bug bites. The hall floors and walls were dirty and in need of repair. My room had BLOOD stains on the comforter, the pillows were stained with black streaks and the sheets had not been replaced. I walked into this room, inspected it and walked right out. Do not waste your time visiting this place. Please listen to me you will not regret it! The only positive I can say about this hell hole is the night mngr Renee was nice.

Room Tip: do not stay here
1  Thank travis s

Reviewed July 26, 2013

They advertised an outdoor pool. It was not open because, we were told by staff, it was not safe. They advertised in-room microwave and fridge. There was none. We did not have enough clean towels and could not getmore as the washing machine was broken. There was no coffee. The juice machine was out of order. The indoor pool was dirty and the pool room was not air conditioned. I couldgo on but this shouldbe enough to warrant my 'terrible' rating.

2  Thank rg170

Reviewed July 24, 2013

This is the most disgusting, gross hotel I have ever stayed at. Woke up with BEDBUGS crawling on us after 3 hours of sleep. We captured a few "samplings" of the bugs and took them to the front desk. We packed up in 2 minutes and immediately left, after requesting a full refund of our charges at the front desk. The General Manager of this fleabag hotel expects us to pay $57.00, (50% of the bill), to have had the pleasure/ enjoyment of getting to sleep with BEDBUGS! ! ! ! ! ! I have never been so disgusted in all my life. We didn't shower, eat breakfast, have coffee, or even brush our hair before getting the hell out of there.
Our first impressions of the filthy hole should have been a warning. Looks scary from the outside and only gets creepier on the inside. Looks and smells dirty in the halls. The pool is cloudy/ murky. The hot tub jets don't work/ bubble. Oh yeah, the outdoor pool??? It had one foot of green, filthy water at the bottom -- obviously not in working order. Key cards took an average of 6 tries to get them to work each time. One towel was provided in the bathroom. The tub looked filthy.
I beat and vaccuumed our luggage when we got home -- not to mention spraying it with bug spray. (probably should have burned it) I never saw a bedbug before and had to do some research on the EconoLodge Wisconsin Dells hotel inhabitants..... You cannot feel the bugs biting you, and the itchy bites don't show up for 1 - 14 days. I can hardly wait...... Thanks for the WORST HOTEL EXPERIENCE OF OUR LIVES! SHAME on the owners, Choice Hotels, the General Manager (Matt), and the lack of any standards for a healthy, clean hotel. **** Definitely DO NOT stay here! ****

Room Tip: If you like bedbugs and fleas, try room #251.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Georgia M

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Wish I had read the other reviews before I subjected my tired family of 4 to (not) sleeping here! Unfortunately, we passed on the recommended inn because there were only rooms with one bed and a pull-out coach available. My husband almost got up in the middle of the night to sleep in the car! Our kids enjoyed the pool but not one of us slept through the night. The beds were like boards and the rooms smelled of mold and mildew. The breakfast room was depressing. Almost felt bad for the nice staff who have to work there. Overall, it was awful.

2  Thank Sue H