“Days Inn review”

GreenLeadersGold level
SKOKIE
“Days Inn review”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

Nothing special about it. Good location. Stayed there due to the good rate. The walls were a little thin as you could easily here the TV in the next room.

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

just_a_traveler3000, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Wisconsin Dells, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share your recent stay at our hotel.
Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
EVANSVILLE
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

I had to change rooms. The first room was very small and far away from the lobby. It was kind of creepy, being a single woman. The TV did not work and there were not waste baskets. The desk person gave me another room, by the lobby, which was much better, but I didn't notice until my shower, the next morning, that there were no wash cloths. Also there were no drink glasses, but I was by the coffee station so I grabbed a couple of them. In the 2nd room, the heater ran all night, but it was very cold in the room.

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share your recent experience at our hotel. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Travelers are raving about these Wisconsin Dells hotels

SAINT PAUL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

found some things and told the front desk and taken care of, breakfast room, men's restroom in the pool area, had to go look for the front desk staff, they were moving a heavy desk in a back room.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

BLENHEIM
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

Value Good - House Keeping was poor. We had no facecloths, wastepaper basket or extra toilet paper.

Not sure what else is required here

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Altoona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

The desk person was very help full! You hire great people. I slept very well and had a very good business trip. I have paid lots more money at other motels and had very poor service.

Thank you for a good nights sleep.

Mauckport, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband and I come up to the Dells every year for the WO ZA WA, this year it was hard to find a hotel that allowed pets. The Day's Inn allows pets with the adveritisment of a get walking area for pets, that was a joke, first it was on the side of a hill right in front of the hotel and right next to a very busy street. The hotel itself was not very clean and the staff seemed to be always laying around on the couchs either in the lobby or under the stairs. Our room was never cleaned and we were not given clean towels in three days. We also had a time with our roommates the "BUGS"! There were some other guests that had the same problem. We were unable to find the breakfest room for the first couple of days and on the last morning we walked in and there was no food and the coffee was very old. Neither my husband or I would swim in the pool due to not being able to see the bottom. We will never stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Before booking read the reviews most of them were right, do not waste your money.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 712AmyMarshall1
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

Checked in 9/15/12 with a group of 4 rooms, all of which were dirty in some way (or missing things like tp, towels, cups). I noticed a bug on the wall (without knowing the history of the hotel), killed it and flushed it in our toilet that had chunks of either vomit or some other unknown objects in it.
The next morning when I woke up there were bugs crawling away from me (which I still didn't know if they were bed bugs). The other bed sheets had dried blood on them (which was not from the person sleeping in it). When I told the front desk attendent Holly about my problem and how I NEEDED to tell the manager about this, she said she couldn't call him because "he would get mad" at her. When I continued to insist, she said, "I don't even have his number..." I chose to call the 1-800 number and complain which isn't very helpful since this is a privately owned hotel with a general manager who doesn't understand how serious the bed bug infestation at his hotel is! I called the 1-800 number a few days later to comfirm that I HAD been bitten all over my body and they informed me that my "file" said that a health inspector was there and no bugs had been found (the hotel itself told me the health inspector was doing their "yearly" check at the end of the season). The health inspector probably didn't even check the "trouble" rooms.
My bites on my body were confirmed by my doctor as bed bug bites.

I will be contacting the Health Department and Better Buisness Bureau because there has been too many reports of bed bugs at this hotel and I don't want anyone else to go through what I have been through in the past week.

Room Tip: Don't stay in 215, it has bed bugs!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, we have contacted professionals to come inspect and treat that room if needed. We do not take bed bugs issues lightly. We will go the full extent to make sure that none of our guests are checked into any room which maybe infested.

It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit