“nice for homeless person”

Americas Best Value Inn Wisconsin Dells
Ranked #73 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 13, 2012

This place must be owned by slum loards . Outside needs paint , inside needs carpet cleaning ,painting , new air filters , all new bedding , water smells , smoke free room smells of smoke , halls are narrow and dimly lit . Could not stay there one night , went to Super 8 .

Room Tip: stay at a different hotel.
3  Thank bill s
just_a_traveler3000, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Wisconsin Dells, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2012

Thank you for posting your comments on TripAdvisor and for being a loyal guest of the Days Inn Wisconsin Dells.

On behalf of myself and our entire team I sincerely apologize for the substandard experience that you had on your most recent stay with us. I have reviewed your comments with our team and have taken measures to make sure that we do not deliver this type of service or quality in the future.

Again, I sincerely apologize and I do hope that you will give us another chance to regain your trust. Please contact me directly 608-254-6444.

There are newer reviews for Americas Best Value Inn Wisconsin Dells

Reviewed July 11, 2012

If you wanna stay at the Dells just save your money and put off your trip for another month if necessary before staying at this hotel. We stayed here to save money so that we'd have enough money to do everything we came to the Dells to do. Thank God we only spent 20% of our trip in the hotel. I am the first to admit I'm not picky when it comes to hotels, but this hotel was anything but what I expected of it. When we arrived the receptionist couldn't find our reservation, and wasn't very friendly. When getting our key we went into the 4th entrance and it smelled like something had died somewhere near the door, we think it was the trash. The room when we walked in smelled like mold so we had to go down the street to walgreens to buy some air fresheners. The bathroom was the nicest part of the room and the room was super small. I didn't wake up in time our first morning to eat breakfast but I did the second morning and wasn't even worth getting out of bed for. The donuts were the size of a infant childs hand, there was no milk for the cereal and the waffle maker didn't even work so basically all you had to eat were stale donuts some fruit and some juice. The pool..the outside one had all types of bugs in it which I won't complain too much about being that its outside but the pool wasn't even fully filled, we went to the jucuzzi and which doesn't have jets when we got out we had slime all over us which we had to immediatly got back to the room and take showers to wash off..so yeah please just save your money and go ANYWHERE else but here. I hope they are shut down soon so they can stop putting up the front that they are a nice hotel. I would be ashamed to work there honestly.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Olympia S

Reviewed July 10, 2012

The Pictures had to have been taken when the place was first built, it's managed poorly and completely deceiving!! I would seriously like to see the people who clean it, well if there is anyone... The hotel is run down and gross!! The hallways smell and are so dirty and they have the heat up so high the germs are just multiplying as you walk through! The room smelt of mildew and mold, it had holes in the walls, the lamp was broken and didn't even work, the pillows were just thrown on the bed, the bedding had stains all over it, I'm talking fresh ones that obviously had not made there way through the washer like they should have as well as the pillow cases, we all slept with hoods, long pants and our pants tucked in our socks along with our beach towels on the bed to protect us from whatever wasn't washed from the last 500 people that stayed or the bugs that felt I was in their home. The continental breakfast was hostess donuts and coffee that just poured hot water, toast with no butter and who knows how long the milk or cereal were in there containers and was not replenished when things ran out especially on day two. The pools looked okay from afar but after what we saw in the room and lobby/hallway area we weren't going to take a chance catching something from the pool area. The other doors to the building that should be locked and said you needed your keycards to get in with; just opened and were broken. Overall next time I will save up triple what I spent on this hotel to stay in something I don't have to feel like I'm sleeping in human bodily functions or on top of a bugs nest. Please seriously re-think staying at this hotel because the pictures are showing a scam!!!

Room Tip: Just don't choose a room!! I'm telling you your money is well spent somewhere else and if yo...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We booked this hotel on line and when we arrived. People were in the lobby complaining that their room was dirty and hot. We check into our room and it was hot as well. We turned on the air and left for dinner. when we came back our room was warmer that outside, ( and it was 91 outside). We went to the check in desk to see if we could get a room with working a/c. She tells us that there is a problem and none of the rooms have a/c. So we told her we cannot stay there and requested out money back. The manager who was only reachable by phone, stated that we could not get a refund. I feel if you cannot provide the amenities that you advertise you should be allowed to get a refund. I would not recommend staying here!

Reviewed July 8, 2012

Find extra $ and stay somewhere else if possible. The only thing that would fix this hotel would be a wrecking ball. I had read the reviews and booked at the last minute. I knew I was taking my chances. The first room that I was given had not been cleaned and it was after 4pm. Bed not made, towels on the floor, etc. I was then given another room, which was "clean". Barely. The room had a combo smoke and musty odor, cracked plaster, broken tiles and mildew in the bathroom, stained sheets and towels. Hallway carpeting was dirty beyond words. The hotel grounds were littered with garbage and weeds. Couldn't wait to check out and go home to take a shower so I felt clean again!

Room Tip: Any room at any other hotel would have been better!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed July 6, 2012

As we got out of our car I knew it was going to be bad!! There was garbage falling out of the can outside!! Doors filthy!! The carpet in the halls dirty!! Now let me tell you about our room!! Hair in the tub,towels in bathroom that look like rags,air conditioner filthy and smelled like mildew!! Our remote NEVER worked for the tv!! We told the people at the front desk we wanted to talk to the manager but he never called us and was never there!!!!!!!! Days Inn, you don't need a rating because you're a poor excuse for a hotel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed July 5, 2012

I booked this place online, got there the parking lot was dirty full of trash, the door to get in filthy. Front desk very unfriendly. It smelled inside bad. Got to our room, stains on sheets, bathroom dirty, with hairs on floor in tub and walls had crap on them. Breakfast dirty no bowls , disgusting, waffle iron didnt work, . I tried to get money back couldn't get it because I booked online with another service. Staff was so unfriendly it was as though I was a bother to them. No one smiled, pool dirty. Bad smell in the whole building. This place was like staying in a dump. Do not stay here. Very very bad.

Room Tip: Read reviews it helps!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple