Americas Best Value Inn Wisconsin Dells
Ranked #73 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Find extra $ and stay somewhere else if possible. The only thing that would fix this hotel would be a wrecking ball. I had read the reviews and booked at the last minute. I knew I was taking my chances. The first room that I was given had not been cleaned and it was after 4pm. Bed not made, towels on the floor, etc. I was then given another room, which was "clean". Barely. The room had a combo smoke and musty odor, cracked plaster, broken tiles and mildew in the bathroom, stained sheets and towels. Hallway carpeting was dirty beyond words. The hotel grounds were littered with garbage and weeds. Couldn't wait to check out and go home to take a shower so I felt clean again!

Room Tip: Any room at any other hotel would have been better!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
just_a_traveler3000, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Wisconsin Dells, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2012

Thank you for posting your comments on TripAdvisor and for being a loyal guest of the Days Inn Wisconsin Dells.

On behalf of myself and our entire team I sincerely apologize for the substandard experience that you had on your most recent stay with us. I have reviewed your comments with our team and have taken measures to make sure that we do not deliver this type of service or quality in the future.

Again, I sincerely apologize and I do hope that you will give us another chance to regain your trust. Please contact me directly 608-254-6444.

There are newer reviews for Americas Best Value Inn Wisconsin Dells

Reviewed July 6, 2012

As we got out of our car I knew it was going to be bad!! There was garbage falling out of the can outside!! Doors filthy!! The carpet in the halls dirty!! Now let me tell you about our room!! Hair in the tub,towels in bathroom that look like rags,air conditioner filthy and smelled like mildew!! Our remote NEVER worked for the tv!! We told the people at the front desk we wanted to talk to the manager but he never called us and was never there!!!!!!!! Days Inn, you don't need a rating because you're a poor excuse for a hotel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 5, 2012

I booked this place online, got there the parking lot was dirty full of trash, the door to get in filthy. Front desk very unfriendly. It smelled inside bad. Got to our room, stains on sheets, bathroom dirty, with hairs on floor in tub and walls had crap on them. Breakfast dirty no bowls , disgusting, waffle iron didnt work, . I tried to get money back couldn't get it because I booked online with another service. Staff was so unfriendly it was as though I was a bother to them. No one smiled, pool dirty. Bad smell in the whole building. This place was like staying in a dump. Do not stay here. Very very bad.

Room Tip: Read reviews it helps!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group
1  Thank Diane T

Reviewed July 4, 2012

Room was somewhat dirty. grounds were not picked up. But worse of all the Breakfast had no milk for the cereal. Bowls were gone.

Would not recommend.

This is the worse Days Inn that we have ever stayed in.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 4, 2012

This has to be one of the most disgusting hotels I have ever stayed in! We checked in on a Saturday night we needed two rooms which we were offered. The first room the air conditioning didn't work and it was 95 degrees outside. When I complained to the front desk they said it did work it would just take a while well 3 hours later the room still wasn't cool. The second room to our surprise was full of bed bugs. I was so disgusted went down to the desk to complain that there were bugs in the bed and the front desk person said oh your not the only one to complain about this. She switched us to another room which was all the way on the other side of the hotel only to get there the sink didn't work I turned it on and all the water come out onto the floor the bathrooms were disgusting mold and mildew all over. Went to the front desk to complain said had to wait for Tony the manager but he wasn't coming in until 12 pm so checked out at 730 am the breakfast area was so dirty didn't have any milk no juice pretty much nothing. Come back at 12 to speak with so called manager Tony who was very rude and didn't help me at all said he would have the general manager call me still waiting for the call. Was suppose to get a refund for the amount he over charged me still waiting for that. The front desk person that was being relieved by the manager Tony was telling him there was no breakfast inventory in the am and he said yes I just brought it she went to check and said where is it I only see two gallons of spoiled milk. He gave her a dirty look and she left. Would not recommend this place to anyone not even my worst enemy.

Room Tip: Never stay at Days Inn in Wisconsin Dells!!!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ecnoba

Reviewed July 3, 2012

Good deal for the money. Excellent location and friendly staff

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 3, 2012

This hotel was awful! There were stains on the sheets and blood spots on the walls. The staff were not friendly and rude. We actually asked for our money back because the rooms so was gross. They did refund and we went to another place down the street.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple