“IMPORTANT!!! PLEASE READ!!!”

Americas Best Value Inn Wisconsin Dells
Ranked #72 of 74 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 7, 2011

We stayed at Wisconsin Dells Days Inn this past weekend and we were very disappointed with this hotel. When we walked in to our room we noticed that:

• One of the bed covers was stained in many places
• There was dust all over (at the top of the clock, the mirror on the wall, the tables, the AC vents), like it had not been cleaned in a very long time
• There were long curly hairs intertwined in one of the bed sheets
• The bathroom shower curtain smelled very bad (like it was moldy)
• There were bugs in the bathroom and the sink faucet was very dirty

We went to the front desk and spoke to the Manager, Nhaid Sultana, which was very rude and she automatically stated that she would give us our money back. We told her that we were not asking for our money back, we just wanted our room cleaned and that it would be very hard for us to find another hotel last minute for this weekend (being the 4th of July weekend). She said that was not her concern and that they have the right to refuse service to anyone. At this point the General Manager, Prince, stepped in and found us another room. Prince was very nice and accommodating, the complete opposite of Nhaid. Aside from the horrible customer service we received from Nhaid, this hotel does not seem like it has been renovated and it is dirty. Even in the new room they gave us, our bathroom sink was cracked, there was a moth in there, and there were many hairs (what appeared to be dog hairs) on the carpet. Also, they seem like they are very short staffed. The day we checked out, we waited about 10-15 minutes at the front desk for the guy to come to the desk because he was also in charge of stocking the breakfast rooms.

Please, please do not stay at this hotel. I understand their rates are cheap, but trust me it is not worth it!!! There are many other cheap hotels in the area. Please, please choose another hotel. I wish I would have listened to all of the other bad reviews and not stayed at this hotel.

4  Thank Chicagogirl05
just_a_traveler3000, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Wisconsin Dells, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2011

Thank you for your response. We will use your comments and constructive criticism to make your future stay better at our hotel. I apologize in behalf of my staff and myself for less then satisfactory experience you had at our hotel. We are working everyday to improve our selves to help each of our guest with a satisfactory experience. If there is anything else we can do to make it right, please give me us a call at 608-254-6444.

Reviewed July 7, 2011

We chose this hotel thru Priceline....name your rate?..Well, we probably should have looked here before confirming with them. First off.. our first room was a bit smelly and after checking out the bathroom, decided that i just couldn't stay in a room where mold was growing on the ceiling., So i did ask for a new room..and they did accomendate us with a dif room. The over all feeling of this place is " dingy, outdated, and lets throw some paint on the walls (really shiny paint too?) to " update" ..I rate them as "poor" and not terrible because the front desk was at least helpful and considerate, When the tub looked like it backed up (black stuff ??) they sent a guy up to check it out and he cleared up the tub plus cleaned it also. We felt we had to stay there because of the Priceline terms, no refunds. So it was only a couple of nights and we didn't come home with ' bedbugs" so thats a bonus.,But next yr...im going to try to get a better place

1  Thank Stalzlikes2travel

Reviewed July 7, 2011

The Days Inn in the Wisconsin Dells was thought to be a great place to stay after enjoying the waterparks. Turns out to be one of the worst. Me and my mom show up and the man at the front desk is very nice. He is of a hindu background and so was the girl at the desk. He gave us our 3 keys and told us to go to Room 249 or something like that. We go to use the keys at the door on the outside since that is closest to where our room was and they didn't work. So I had to run in and open the door. The hotel is like a maze. There are like 10 small stair cases and stair cases going left and right to more rooms on the same floor. It took me at least 5 mins to find the door. The first room we were in reaked like cigarettes, coffee creamer on my mom's pillow, bugs and the coffee pot had coffee in it from the previous visitor. At this point, my mom was grossed out and decided that we needed a new room. So, when she returned we got room 223 and the man didn't even send anyone to help us carry our luggage. What kind of service is that after going through that maze of a hotel. Well, when we got to our new room, it was a little better. The room smelled like cigarettes, the coffee filter lay seperatly on the telephone table, the lights and the remote for the tv didn't work properly which was annoying. Also mold was on the heater and in the disgusting bathroom. The very next day, we left the hotel early 6am and the man at the desk was a kid about 14 or 15 years old dealing with peoples credit cards and couldn't speak english. He was german. My mom asked about a reciept for the credit card since the room was free to us because of our hotel points from previous stays at Super 8's. He had no clue what we were talking about and thats what made my mom mad. She said nevermind and walked out angry. They shouldn't have a dude who's not even old enough to drive working at the desk and not even having a clear english background. I'm not being prejudice but theres a large language barrier and what if the charge ends up on my mom's credit card bill. We are screwed. Avoid this hotel at all costs. Hotel Rating Avg: 50%

1  Thank nryan96

Reviewed July 7, 2011

The bathroom sink had crap in it, there was no remote in the first room we were in, they must have been low on towels becuz there was like two... total..

They charged me twice, (then refunded 1), and when i metioned it to the desk girl she told me i was mistaken because there was no way they would double charge--until i pulled up my bank view online and showed her the totals were pending twice on my account. Then she said strange.. never seen it happen before.. then the next day when i was switching rooms another person was up there complaining about the same thing! Ha never happens huh??

The guy on the second day was yelling and cursing out somone on the phone while i was wating to get the other room key the second day, then he hung up on them.

The final straw was i left something in the room, and was told it wasnt there a few hours after i checked out.. The funny thing is i remember exactly where it was, becuz i was goin to make another trip in quick to get it but i forgot to after finally getting the van loaded. She was very rude in telling me that i didnt leave anythin and housekeeping didnt find anything.

My next stay would have to be comp before i would stay here again.

1  Thank ldybug252000

Reviewed June 28, 2011

I had read all the reviews before I booked our stay. I decided, well to see and give them a chance, plus the price was cheap too. First thing we noticed was the trash cans in the room was not cleaned..Stiil have the cans of soda left by the previous people who stayed in the room. The sheets were clean but had stains on them. The toilet was rocking back and forth when you sat on it. For some reason , the a/c would not cool the room at nite. I kept getting up just to start it up again. The jet stream for the pool spa was out of order.

The only thing I liked about the hotel was the location. It was really close to all the stores and restaurants that you needed to go to.

2  Thank tolitslito63

Reviewed June 27, 2011

Yes, I read the reviews ahead of time and thought that perhaps they were being too critical. So I gave them a shot. Yes, it's cheap. But here you don't even get what you pay for. You would expect a clean room. Not going to happen. There was mold on my shower curtain which means either they don't change curtains between guests or they folded it wet and put it up with mold on it. Either way--quite gross. I alerted the desk of this and it took a day to get it changed. Then, I found a coffee stir stick on the middle of the floor when I walked in. No excuse for this. Also, I found a t-shirt on the floor behind the lamp, thought it way my son's or husband's and threw it on their pile of clothes. When we went to pack, they said it was neither of theirs. That just solidified the fact that the place was not clean and it was disgusting to think that perhaps the sheets weren't changed. I really have no confidence in the cleaning of this hotel. Seriously, don't ignore the reviews on this one. While I had no bedbugs, which many reviews said they had, it was not good here. The breakfast area was filthy, the halls were dirty, the whirlpool didn't work well (they had to hit the motor a few times to make it work--what is up with that?). The people were friendly enough but that doesn't outweigh the lack of cleanliness. It might be cheap but it's not even worth what you pay for this place. Stay away!

2  Thank pearls2find

Reviewed June 27, 2011

I wouldn't stay here again even if free. Bread in the breakfast room had mold growing on it.
Keys didn't work and the lock couldn't even be replaced by maintenance. Who told us he replaced 30 In two weeks. Overworked staff and understaffed front desk.

Room Tip: East Hwy 16 in private moteld