“Warning: Stay away!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Medford, Wisconsin
“Warning: Stay away!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2011

Yes, I read the reviews ahead of time and thought that perhaps they were being too critical. So I gave them a shot. Yes, it's cheap. But here you don't even get what you pay for. You would expect a clean room. Not going to happen. There was mold on my shower curtain which means either they don't change curtains between guests or they folded it wet and put it up with mold on it. Either way--quite gross. I alerted the desk of this and it took a day to get it changed. Then, I found a coffee stir stick on the middle of the floor when I walked in. No excuse for this. Also, I found a t-shirt on the floor behind the lamp, thought it way my son's or husband's and threw it on their pile of clothes. When we went to pack, they said it was neither of theirs. That just solidified the fact that the place was not clean and it was disgusting to think that perhaps the sheets weren't changed. I really have no confidence in the cleaning of this hotel. Seriously, don't ignore the reviews on this one. While I had no bedbugs, which many reviews said they had, it was not good here. The breakfast area was filthy, the halls were dirty, the whirlpool didn't work well (they had to hit the motor a few times to make it work--what is up with that?). The people were friendly enough but that doesn't outweigh the lack of cleanliness. It might be cheap but it's not even worth what you pay for this place. Stay away!

2 Thank pearls2find
just_a_traveler3000, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Wisconsin Dells, responded to this review, July 28, 2011
Thank you for your response. We will use your comments and constructive criticism to make your future stay better at our hotel. I apologize in behalf of my staff and myself for less then satisfactory experience you had at our hotel. We are working everyday to improve our selves to help each of our guest with a satisfactory experience. If there is anything else we can do to make it right, please give me us a call at 608-254-6444.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2011

I wouldn't stay here again even if free. Bread in the breakfast room had mold growing on it.
Keys didn't work and the lock couldn't even be replaced by maintenance. Who told us he replaced 30 In two weeks. Overworked staff and understaffed front desk.

Room Tip: East Hwy 16 in private moteld
1 Thank Glfinman

Travelers are raving about these Wisconsin Dells hotels

Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2011

I too wished I'd checked TripAdvisor before our stay here but we were "flying by the seat of our pants" so I selected the hotel from the Wisconsin Dells brochure. Hot tub was broken. A/C was broken in our room and only worked part time. Free internet had a terrible connection and only worked part time. I had to get my husband up in the morning to turn on the shower for me as the knob was so hard to pull. We tried to enjoy the free breakfast but it was in a converted room with barely any seating and the people there acted as if they hadn't eaten in weeks. The guy that checked us in the previous evening was the same one there early the next morning. He was clearly overworked. I did not however have any issues with cleanliness.

1 Thank savannah64485
Appleton, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2011

After reading the reviews before our stay I thought I would give it a chance because they had recently renovated. Well I should have never taken the chance.
The bedding was stained, the hot tube wasn't working, the outdoor pool was not cleaned the entire time we were there (4 days), the AC unit in our room was super loud and broke 1/2 way through are stay, and the service was very unprofessional.
The only good thing about the stay was the free breakfast.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank hootapiller
MN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2011

We booked the Days Inn for one night as a last minute decision to add a night to the beginning of our stay. It was one of the cheapest options that had rooms available. The layout of the Days Inn is very awkward. The room we stayed in the window was right level with the parking lot and all the way in the back. Behind the building was a shed and some junk, including a few old mattresses. We found that odd. We got to the hotel around 3pm and asked the front desk if it was possible for us to check in early (we never do this, and never would except that it was off season and we wanted to check in before going to do stuff.) After barely making eye contact with us, the front desk girl told us no. That was fine. When we came back later the front desk guy was very nice and helpful, although it took about 15 minutes to check in because he was doing 5 things at once.

As far as the room: you can tell they are trying to update them. The carpet looked newer and the desk and dresser looked new. The king sized bed was somewhat hard. The bathroom is TINY and the small sink is located outside of the bathroom. But as a place to sleep, it does its job.

The location is good. Close to restaurants, minigolf, and even walking distance to downtown.

You get what you pay for so we can't complain. I probably wouldn't stay here again because the layout of the hotel just didn't make me feel very safe, but that's just my paranoia.

Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank iheartplaya
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

In room 236 there are BED BUGS, after a little research after my trip I discovered management was already aware of his problem and yet 3-4 months later, they still rent out this room and still have bed bugs! After discovering them had left and went elsewhere, and was told by management that they were sorry and that they were going to get someone in take care of the problem, however they in fact they had rented that room to again a day later, there was a child in the window to that room wad noticed when my family ad I were out on a walk, SAD DAYS INN!!! The sheet were not changed either, when I had pulled the sheets back I had noticed blood spots all over and hair! This caused me to check the other bed and sure enough there they were crawling bed bugs heading toward my spouses head and all over the bed he laid on asleep! I had spoken with management and they tried to put me in another room 115 which too had hair and was filthy. STAY CLEAR OF THIS ESTABLISHMENT it is filthy all around!!! Attached is a link that will take you to other bed bug complaints as well as other hotels in the area that have bed bug reports! http://www.bedbugreports.com/city/wi-wisconsin_dells

Room Tip: BED BUGS and filth...Stay away!
7 Thank Me1001
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2011

Every site I checked to find reviews of this place came up with tons of negatives, so we were nervous to book. But when we got there, we were pleasently surprised! This hotel was very well priced, the staff was so friendly, and the whole place is very clean and has obviously been redone and revamped! The pool area had a lot to offer: a pool, hot tub, suana, and tanning beds; which were all clean as well. The breakfast area was kept clear and had several options for breakfast. Our room was very clean, had a good view, and we got it for a great deal. We did find the layout of the rooms a bit different, but it offered a little more privacy and the flights of stairs are not long at all. We were just looking for a cheap place to stay because of all the other attractions in the Dells costing so much, and we came away very satisfied customers!

Room Tip: HotelGuides and check everyday to get best deal!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you for your comments. If there is anything we can do please give me us a call at 608-254-6444.