WOW! Back from a one night stay at the Chula Vista, and let me start of by saying if you aren't familar with the Dells you may have some difficulty getting there. The hotel isn't by places like the Kalahari, and Great Wolf Lodge, but in the long run that's better.
We arrived at about 12:30 and got our suite right away, we had a Presidential Fireplace Suite, and it was absolutely amazing! It had a king bed as well as a sofa bed, it had 2 TV's in the Living Room and 1 TV in the Bedroom. This suite had a Fireplace, a wet bar, a kitchen table, two lazy chairs, two decks, and More!!
After we had our room we went down to the Coyote Mountain, this was a waterpark that was in our building but it was smaller than Lost Rios (the new and big waterpark). There is an underground tunnel that joins the building and the waterpark, so you don't have to go outside.
The waterpark was awesome!! Lots and lots of fun everywhere you go. The action river (lazy river with waves), gave us lots of stuff to do and lots of memories were created here. When you go you have to try at least 2 rides, the Flyin Myan and Jungle Adventure.
The Flyin Myan is a watercoaster that has belts that spin and carries the tube up and around the coaster. We asked the attendent how fast it actually goes, and he said the top speed was 33 MPH.
Jungle Adventure was a surprise to us, you get in your tube and press one of the 3 buttons on your right. These buttons change the music and colors of the lights inside the ride. Once the display reaches zero, you take off down the ride and immediately drop down the tube, then you fly into a bowl where you ride around around until you go down the tube and exit the ride, the whole time lights and music are playing in the bowl.
If you have never been to the Chula Vista Resort you need to go!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chula Vista Resort and Waterpark is a complete resort experience in Wisconsin Dells with over 200,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor waterparks. Luxury comes standard in all of our guest rooms, suites and condominiums. Bring your clubs and challenge yourself on our 18-hole golf course. At Chula Vista, we invite you to laugh harder, splash bigger, stay longer and vacation better at Wisconsin Dells' most complete family resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Groupon, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Chula Vista Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chula Vista Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Chula Vista Theme Hotel
- Chula Vista Wisconsin Dells
- Hotel Chula Vista Theme