“Superb!!”
Review of Chula Vista Resort

Chula Vista Resort
Ranked #53 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed October 2, 2006

We stayed here for 2 nights at the beginning of October. Everything was fantastic. The property is is amazing and very well cared for. We stayed in a golf villa as oppsed to a hotel room or a condo. The advantage is the extra privacy that you get. The down side is you have to go outside in order to get to the indoor water park. Not a big deal when the weather is nice. Otherwise, they have direct access from in the buildings. Indoor water park is fabulous. We also ate at the property. Breakfast buffet at the main restaurant and lunch and munchies at the sports bar. Both had great food at reasonable prices. For dinner one evening, we went to Kaminski Brothers Chop House which is a high end steak house on the 3rd floor. The food is excellent. The portions are gigantic!!!! Make sure you ask questions before you order or you'll end up with leftovers for 2 days...The staff, and I do mean "everyone", was exceptionally gracious and always genuinely friendly. No fake greetings from them...So, there you have it. Don't hesitate to stay here. You'll be very impressed...

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wisconsinwiz
There are newer reviews for Chula Vista Resort

Reviewed September 26, 2006

This was the second time we stayed at the Chula Vista and we plan on going back next year. We stayed in a 2 bedroom condo and we thought it was beautiful. The new indoor water park was a lot of fun ( the rides were faster than the other indoor water parks in the area). My son 9 and our friends children 10 and 3 also found it to be enjoyable. They also have a new wave pool outside. It is a bit small but great for kids under 12. This hotel is also the only water park by the Wisconsin river (nice view). The only thing I don't recommend you doing is eating at the restaurant, not the best. Great family getaway......

Reviewed September 12, 2006

The hotel was clean and the service was great (we asked to be switched from a parking lot view to a river view....no problem). We loved the water parks, but spent most of our time in the hot tub. The smaller indoor water park was our favorite, since we didn't have kids with us, and it was less crowded.

The only negative was the food. The prices at the upper end restaurant (Kaminsky Bros.) are out of line for the area and what you get. The 'all you can eat' buffet was poorly handled. I didn't see one food service employee check or refill the steam table during our dinner. The beef was dried out, the crab legs were tasteless and over steamed. The only positive at the entire buffet was the peel and eat shrimp.

I also didn't care to spend $3.50 every time I wanted a cup of coffee (Starbuck's), so we bought a pound of coffee, milk and sugar, and made our own.

It was fun, we had a good time, but I'd suggest going into town to eat.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
5  Thank madisonkathy
Reviewed August 21, 2006

We have been staying at The Chula Vista for years, the reason we started going there, was for the Beautiful view of the River, very secluded place, you are out in the Country. They have greatly improved on the Waterpark Outdoor and Indoor, they just opened a Multi Million Dollar Indoor Water Park, we ranged in age of 12 to 84 years old, even Grandma had fun on the Lazy River Water ride, which is you take a inner tube, hold on, and lazily float along :) The 12 year old loved the slides, and everything in the Water Park. We stayed in a Studio Condo, with a Riverview and Balcony, when we first checked in they did give me a room right next to ongoing construction (they are still building some of the Condos, I asked to be moved, and we were moved to the other side of the building, why we were not given that room in the first place, I dont know. We ate at the Buffett for Breakfast 3 adults 1 child, we thought it was reasonable enough at 7.95 per adult, most places charge 9.95 for Breakfast Buffett. Overall we will definetly go back to Chula Vista PS: I dont think they let anyone who is not a guest into the pool area, I hope it stays that way !!!!

5  Thank BOZO1989
Reviewed August 15, 2006

Just got back from CHULA VISTA @ THE DELLS. We waited in line for 30 minutes just to check in and had to come back 4 hours later to get our room key. Then we waited 30 minures just to get our room key.Never ate at the hotel until the day of departure because we were trying to save money We ate tge breakfast buffet to save a little time but when we got he bill I was surprised to see a $7 surcharge because there were 7 people at the same table. (5 under the age of 8) It was buffet not a sit down breakfast where it had to be brought to us. On top of the ridicuous cost of the buffet (4.95 for a 2 yr old) . Breakfast for 2 adults and 5 children was $52.00 The only drinks were 2 cups of coffee. ($3.00) . I talked to the front desk and they just keep saying I am sorry and acted like they didn't care. I told them they just lost a repeat customer and was treated like they didn't care at all. I wanted to talke to a manager and was handed a complaint card. I called and ask for a manager and they are always in a meeting (convenient huh) I will never return to this place again because there is no customer concern all they care about is the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

5  Thank littleuglyhouse
Reviewed August 14, 2006

I was a little worried about spending the weekend at Chula Vista after reading all the negative reviews. We stayed in one of the Golf Villas and it was a very nice room. We did the all inclusive and saved some money. I would recommend the all inclusive if you are staying only a few days. I would think you would get bored with the dining options. The indoor and outdoor waterparks were great for all ages. We had a great time and it wasn't overly croweded, even on a Saturday night. There is a little construction being done but it is bearable. It looks like by next spring everything should be done. It is my opinion that the people that are complaining in these reviews are very picky. Overall, we had a very great, affordable weekend.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
2  Thank markmoose1
Reviewed August 14, 2006

My husband and I, along with our 3 and 6 year old children, stayed at the Chula Vista Resort on August 10th. We stayed in a brand new 2 Queen Bed room. We were very pleased with our stay. The room was immaculate and modern with vaulted ceilings and an archway. The only thing I didn't like about the room was the lighting - rather dim unless the lights are right on you. The bathroom lighting was quite dim. Construction was still going on for their addition during our stay, although I couldn't hear it in our room.

The waterpark is more entertaining for older children as you need to be 42 inches for the larger slides. However, my youngest had a great time in the toddler area, on the slides she could ride (2 toddler and 2 smaller slides that I counted) and LOVED the lazy river. Unlike other waterparks we've stayed at, the air and water temperatures were nice and I could walk around without getting cold even after getting wet. They really pack a lot into 80,000 square feet. It was a little cold the afternoon we were there, so didn't try the adjacent outdoor park, but it looked like fun and had a miniature golf course.

We did not eat at the restaurant. While it's pricey, I recommend dinner at Ishnala. For breakfast, the IHOP was very good and the service very friendly and attentive.

We did order coffee from the "Starbucks" before we left. It's basically a small counter by their gift shops where they attempt to make Starbucks coffee. The service was extremely slow as it took 10 minutes to get a Caffe Mocha which kind of tasted right. I'd recommend that if a hotel offers Starbucks coffee then they should also plan on offering Starbucks service.

Overall, I highly recommend the hotel and waterpark and hope to stay again.

5  Thank IowaVacationer