Chula Vista Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Birchcliff Resort(Wisconsin Dells)
Meadowbrook Resort(Wisconsin Dells)
View Hotel
Day's End Motel(Wisconsin Dells)
River Inn(Wisconsin Dells)
View Hotel
Bridge View Motel(Wisconsin Dells)
Parkway Motel(Wisconsin Dells)
View Hotel
River Road Motel(Wisconsin Dells)
Gables Motel(Wisconsin Dells)
Finch Motel(Wisconsin Dells)
2,315 results
All reviewschop houseunderground tunnelall inclusive packagebedroom condothe indoor water parkgreat escapefull kitchenwisconsin riverall agesoff seasonolder kidstwo queen bedsgreat resorta lot of funyear oldsmini golffamily vacation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 29, 2005

My husband and I just got back from an overnight stay at Chula Vista. From the moment we walked in it was more than we had expected. Staff was friendly and accomodating (not to mention that our room was ready about 2 hours early). Our room was a jacuzzi suite which was spacious and clean. The best part, however, was our patio overlooking a wooded area - quiet and beautiful. We took up the all-inclusive offer and are glad we did. The dinner (ordered from the menu) was delicious and the breakfast buffet was very nice and filled with every choice you could imagine. Drinks at night at the sports bar were also included. We also had some spa services performed at the Spa Del Sol - wonderful! The hotel is about 3 miles from the downtown Dells area and about 20 from Ho-Chunk Casino. I would recommend this hotel and we are eager to return.

8  Thank lastiki
Reviewed October 22, 2005

Don't be afraid of all of the construction surrounding the hotel, once you get inside you are not effected. I wasn't thrilled with the room: size was good, cleanliness was ok, king size bed was hard and the pull out sofa bed was barely thick enough to not feel the springs.
We have two kids 3&4 yrs old and this was our first waterpark adventure. The waterslides were perfect for them, after the first couple of runs with mom and dad they were on their own. Lifeguards (when on duty) did not enforce the no lifejackets rule and are pretty attentive and they don't really care about the towel cards when it's off-season. The larger pool was FREEZING!
Very well worth the all inclusive package for the two nights. We ate and drank well over $200. Food was average, everyone seems to take advantage of the all you can eat crab legs. Breakfast buffet was not that great.
Staff on the whole was attentive, friendly, and helpful, except for our Friday night server who kept the unused cups and dirty plates on the table.
I would go back until the kids turn 5 or 6 and then move on to a bigger hotel.

6  Thank havealittlefun
A TripAdvisor Member
Indiana
Reviewed October 15, 2005

We stayed in a jacuzzi, fireplace suite last week and if you are looking for something away from the crowds this may be the place for you. The room was clean although had a somewhat chemical smell to it. The view was awesome. We had the all inclusive so we ate all of our meals there. We had a great hamburger at the bar for lunch,and dinner at the Mesa Grille was good. Our server, Tyler, did an excellent job. The breakfast buffet was disappointing as most of the food was barely warm and our server basically ignored us and our used dishes. It appears the resort is undergoing some major changes and my husband said he would be interested in seeing it again in about five years. I found the decor a bit too rustic and dark for my liking and probably would not go back.

Stayed: October 2005
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 2, 2005

I am mixed from what I read in the previous reviews. We stayed the firs weekend of october, and had the special all inclusive deal from the internet.

I think it is the best thing they have going on until the new waterpark, and golf course changes are made. We had a nice room, clean, and spacious. Fresh towels each day, and we did not ask for a linen change on the bed.

Chula sits right on the upper dells, and is visible from the Dells Boat tours. They do not have signs or other ways for you toknow they are there except the respect from the tour operators.

Food. The Buffet is good if you like Crab legs. 18.99 AYCE for the buffet. We had that our first night and the menu the next, and the menu food was fresh and Hot. If not for the all inclusive I would have left premises to eat elsewhere due to cost and portions size. The breakfast buffet was good and varied. Eggs, pancakes, and a great breakfast Quesadilla (forgive spelling).

Looking for healthy? On a low carb or low fat diet? Bring your own food, or go out. The food was rich, and for those of you who do not need to worry about food. Being Diabetic I had to try and weigh my choices carefully, and was still fed well enough.

8  Thank Thomeyboy
A TripAdvisor Member
Chicago, IL
Reviewed September 13, 2005

We had a wonderful time at the Chula Vista. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The property is beautiful, the trees and the river. There are lots of things to do, the pool, waterslides, kiddie golf, game room, hiking. wagon rides and a bonfire. But the thing I ejoyed the most was the beautiful scenery.

• Stayed: August 2004