We stayed 6/29-7/1 of 05. We knew this was not going to be on the same level as great wolf or wilderness, but couldn't pass up the price. With the buy 1 get 1 free coupon from the dells coupon book, we paid under $150 for the Jr. queen (2 beds) suite with a view. Room was nice size with a couch, but view wasn't much. They are undergoing a huge construction add on including a big new indoor water park, so our balcony was overlooking the road all the construction people used. Also there huge pine trees blocking any view of the lake.
The outdoor waterpark was great for our 2 & 3 year-olds. We were able to let them sit in our laps down the 2 smaller body slides, but watch out for the slide in the outdoor kiddie pool area. it's made of cement with a rubber pad at the bottom of it, so the kids either stop & go face first into the water or skid & hit their hears on the slide. We did that once & we were done. The bigger slides were fun, but not on the level of Noah's ark.
The indoor park again was small but perfect for our little ones. Also, the lifeguards on duty are great! Our last night there while at the indoor park, a group of about 15 showed up and took over the place, so as we were leaving one of them, about 8 years old, goes into the 5 foot area, even though he can't swim. 3 of his relatives were just standing around laughing at him when the lifeguard dove in & saved him. The mom, who was at a different part carrying 2 of her other kids, only yelled at the boy to stay out, never saying thanks.
Overall, it was a really nice stay. This is a good resort for young kids to go to who have never been to a waterpark before, especially with the coupon!!
The towel card mentioned before didn't make sense, but what can you do. Also, it's about 10 minutes from the Dells major attractions & 5 minutes from downtown, which is nice. If you do stay here, ask to stay in one of the towers, the older part of the hotel is really run down.
I think we may stay here again, but not until their new indoor park is completed sometime in '06.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chula Vista Resort and Waterpark is a complete resort experience in Wisconsin Dells with over 200,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor waterparks. Luxury comes standard in all of our guest rooms, suites and condominiums. Bring your clubs and challenge yourself on our 18-hole golf course. At Chula Vista, we invite you to laugh harder, splash bigger, stay longer and vacation better at Wisconsin Dells' most complete family resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Chula Vista Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chula Vista Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Chula Vista Theme Hotel
- Chula Vista Wisconsin Dells
- Hotel Chula Vista Theme