“Alright for the money!”
Review of Chula Vista Resort

Chula Vista Resort
Ranked #52 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed July 19, 2009

I went there for my third wedding anniversary, after staying there for a conference earlier in the year.

The waterpark is fun, the hotel is nice, and the staff are wonderful. Our main complaint was the bed was horribly uncomfortable.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed July 18, 2009

Went with all inclusive plan. Very disappointing. Please beware. Read all fine print, if you can find it! Not at all like we were told about when we called to make reservations. Very deceiving. Hotel was nice. staff was helpful. Would visit again, but obviously, not on all inclusive plan.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank luckylenny
Reviewed July 8, 2009

The hotel room was excellent. Everything was clean. The place was large. (We stayed in a 2 bedroom condo. Staying in the room was: me, husband, 3 y/o and 1 y/o and then our friends and their 3y/o) Both bedrooms were spacious and comfortable. We appreciated that there were 2 bathrooms, so each family could have their own. The sitting room was large, could have used another chair. The spa tub was excellent. The 2 toddlers enjoyed a nightly bubble bath in it and could easily seat 4 adults. The 2 bedroom was less expensive to split with our friends then each getting a separate hotel room. We extended our stay 1 night and the manager gave us a discount to do so. Unfortunately it was colder outside when we traveled so we only used the indoor water facilities, not the outdoor. We all enjoyed the water park. There were slides for every age group. The area was large and it wasn't as muggy as some of the indoor parks get. The only complaint about the water park was the noise level. The motor for the roller coaster slide was very loud it was hard to hear each other at times. The water park was never crowded, hardly had to wait in lines for the slides. The lazy river was large and fun. The toddler slides were bigger than most "toddler areas", but still safe for our 3 yr olds. They loved it! The large tipping bucket rarely tipped... not a big deal, but still odd.

Overall our stay was excellent! I would return. The only complaints other than listed above: Ground keeping staff parked in handicap space (and they were not handicapped) and the nerve of the guy to take 2 handicap spaces made us really mad. We traveled with a handicap child and know what it is like to get in/out of a car. We complained to the front desk, who said they would take care of it. The front desk person gave us faulty directions to urgent care (our son hit his head on the end table and needed stitches). DO NOT get Luigi's pizza. It was greasy and not good! Housekeeping never came to our room. They were supposed to exchange towels and pick up garbage daily. I always had to call for towels or help myself from the cart in the hall. Not too big a problem, just an annoyance.

Reviewed July 7, 2009

me my husband and 2 kids 9 and 11 stayed june 29-july 1 . we used a coupon in the dells book buy 1 night get the 2nd night free but its almost impossible to get them to let you use the coupon i struggle every year and just like last year when i called for a room I was told rooms were 99$ a night and when i told them i had a coupon I was told then I would have to pay 199.00 anight instead. during this past stay I called down to see if we could use a coupon on 8-28 &8-29 wich is fri and sat. the coupon does say valid sun-thurs BUT it also says valid some weekends PLEASE ASK!! the coupon also says dates valid 5/1/09-7/22/09 & 8/21/09-4/30/10 so when I CALLED down to ask the girl in reservations about the dates in aug the 28th and 29th she told me very rudely that they do NOT except the coupon at all in aug I sad yes you do it says it on the coupon she also said we never except the coupon on the weekend I ALSO SAID YES YOU DO BECAUSE LAST YEAR i CALLED AND COMPLAINED about it and they called me back w/ some weekends I could use it because its false advertising to put that it is avail. some weekends and then not except it even if its only 1 weekend out of the yr. they have to except it.. we did use it on a weekend last yr the lady then says to me WELL IVE BEEN HERE 3 YRS AND WEVE NEVER EXCEPTED THE COUPON ON A WEEKEND > CALLING ME A LIER< I went down to talk to the manager at the front desk and told her everything that happend she told me shed talk to her and offered me $ 10.00 off those 2 nights in aug. or I could pay full price and shed throw in breakfast for us. I talked to my husband about it he was COMPLETELY FLOORED AT THE LACK OF CUSTMER SERVICE BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT CORPRATELY OWNED THEY DO NOT HAVE TO BE HELD TO ANY LEVEL OF CUSTOMER SERVICE THEY CAN TREAT YOU HOWEVER THEY WANT AND TALK TO YOU HOWEVER THEY WANT... HECK THE HOLIDAY IN EXPRESS IN THE DELLS HAS 10 TIMES THE CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS IF YOU COMPLAIN THEY ACTUALLY CARE ABOUT WHAT YOU SAY AND TREAT YOU WITH RESPECT AND APPROPRIATELY UPGRADE TO A FREE OR UPGRADED STAY FOR THE NIGHT LIKE A DECENT PLACE WOULD. WE HAVE BEEN STAYING AT CHULA VISTA FOR MANY YEARS IVE SWALLOWED ALL THE BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE THROUGH THE YEARS BUT THIS WAS A SPIT IN MY FACE I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO DISRESPECTED AND DISREGUARDED AT A HOTEL LIKE I WAS AT CHULA VISTA AND NOOOOO ONE CAN BELIEVE THAT AFTER ALL THAT THEY OFFERED ME $ 10 OFF A NIGHT OR BREAKFAST THAT WAS A SLAP IN THE FACE - END POINT ITS SAD THAT A 2 STAR HOTEL CARES AND MAKES THINGS RIGHT FOR YOU BUT SUPPOSED TO BE 5 STAR RESORT CAN GET AWAY WITH TREATING YOU LIKE TRASH WITH OUT BLINKING AN EYE

15  Thank jenlee93
Reviewed July 4, 2009

, My huband and I traveled with our 3 children, ages 1, 10 and 16. I didnt think the staff was very friendly and the room was a complete disappointment for the money. The outdoor waterpark left a lot to be desired. The indoor waterpark was as we thought it would be. The water in the outdoor waterpark was freezing even in the kiddie area. Our room door wouldnt shut tight unless you slammed it so we constantly had to check to see if it was shut when we would leave. Looking back now I wish I would have made a reservation elsewhere.

2  Thank jbmccracken
Reviewed July 3, 2009

Family vacation Jun 29-Jul 2nd,2009 - Resort was great, we traveled w/13,17 &18 yr olds. The weather was yucky but, the indoor waterpark was great. I was very worried about staying here with so many mixed reviews but, we found everything to be great, we stayed in 2 BR condo was very clean, we knew what to expect with limited housecleaning since condo unit but house cleaning did bring clean towels and empty trash daily(they do not make beds). While the resort is expensive we opted for the condo unit so we could fill frig and not worry about eating out. We found all the staff to be helpful and courteous gave us a map of property and directions on how to get around and use the underground tunnel from condo to waterpark. The kids only went to the outside waterpark once as weather was bad. The lines were not to bad at inside waterpark, it was fairly busy as there was a westling camp going on at the resort while we were there, but our kids went to the waterpark while the westlers were busy at camp and when they came to the waterpark my kids came back to the room. Now for the cost, we did get discounted rate for 2 nights so that wasn't to bad but, we felt it was worth it to have the waterparks on sight plus pools(didn't use, they were open but, it was to cool and cloudy) We would come back again with discounted rate and better weather. THE ONLY COMPLAINT WE HAVE AS WELL AS, ALL THAT STAYED IN OUR AREA...THERE ARE 2 ELEVATORS AND ONE WAS BROKEN SO IT WAS A HASSLE TRYING TO GET ON WITH ALL THOSE PEOPLE USING ONE ELEVATOR ESPECIALLY ON CHECKOUT DAY. We arrived on Monday it was broken and still had not been fixed when we checked out on Thursday. We had a great time visiting the Dells, the kids want to come back next year. We also liked that fact the Chula Vista is away from the downtown Dells hustle & bustle nice country drive watch for deer!!!

1  Thank Jean415
Reviewed July 1, 2009

I took my family of 5 to Chula Vista during their Spring Break and took advantage of their All Inclusive Package. Ages 13, 9, 7. Totally disappointed. We were told one thing while making the reservation but once we arrived all-inclusive was not what we were told it was. In addition, I have migraines, after the first night, came down with a terrible mirgraine from the dust in the ventilation. The "five" resturants ended up being one buffet and snack shack at the waterpark. Same food over and over. Food was not even satisfactory. My family will never go to Chula Vista again no matter how cheap the price. Wasn't worth it. Kids were ready to leave and asking to go home. How sad is that??

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family