Just returned from Chula Vista a few hours ago for Mem Day weekend 2005.
After reading many of the posts here last week; I was very skeptical of what my experience would be at the resort.
I must have been expecting the worst, (because of the comments here), but I really had a great time.
I was surprised; I feel that all the negative comments were from sabotaging competitors or the resort completely re-engineered itself.
Let me take the time to address many of the complaints that are mentioned earlier.
The rooms: When you do book a reservation, ask for a room in the North or South Tower. The older rooms look like old motel buildings that are replicated everywhere in Wisconsin Dells. The rooms in the tower are clean, nice smelling, etc... I have not been in the older motel style rooms, but I did not hear any complains from people who were staying there.
All-inclusive package: It is a great deal. My girlfriend and are in our 20's - 30's and we love to drink. We easily drank more in just liquor for the price of "all inclusive." I can understand that a family of four may not fully take advantage of that. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner is included. Breakfast has a hot/cold buffet. We had our lunches in the outdoor water park. The bar opens at 2:30PM and you can drink and eat at the bar till close. (Weekends, 2AM). For dinner, you can select from a menu or you opt for the crab leg buffet. The crab leg buffet has a full spread including side dishes, pastas and other items. Both choices include a salad and bread bar. Our dinner from the menu on Saturday was excellent. However, on Sunday, our first choices tasted horrible... But, we notified our server of our dismay and asked for something else. Our requests were promptly fulfilled.
Be sure to tip your servers and bartenders. Their salary is not funded by the "all-inclusive" prices.
Indoor Water park: Nice, but rather small. I am sure it is only used in the winter, and not that many people come to Wis Dells off-season to justify anything larger. It has two separate pools, two small slides, hot tub and small cafe. Small cafe offers: beer, pretzels, ice cream, etc...
Outdoor Water park: Nice for a small resort. It is no Kalahari or Noah's Ark, but then again, those places make you pay for it; then they make you wait in line for it. The park has 2 slides, 1 giant drop (8 stories), 2 "sting ray" slides. Kiddie pool, adult pool, hot tub, and mini golf. Cafe has a large food and cocktail menu. All items (indoors and outdoors) are part of the "all inclusive" plan. Hence, get your money's worth by drinking margaritas all day at the pool!
Staff: Good staff, yet I am not really expecting "white glove" service when I come to Wisconsin. Yes, all employees spoke English as a FIRST language. I had not trouble understanding anyone.
Arcade: Yes, could use newer games.
Hotel Design: Yes, guests from all rooms, except from the North Tower need to walk through the bar to get to the indoor pool area. It is an odd design, but I'm sure it has been brought up in a few employee meetings several times.
Food Prices: For those not on the "all-inclusive" plan, the prices for food and drinks are atrocious! Although, $19.00 for all you can eat snow crab and buffet is not that bad...
Will I return again? Yes. But, if I had children, probably not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chula Vista Resort and Waterpark is a complete resort experience in Wisconsin Dells with over 200,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor waterparks. Luxury comes standard in all of our guest rooms, suites and condominiums. Bring your clubs and challenge yourself on our 18-hole golf course. At Chula Vista, we invite you to laugh harder, splash bigger, stay longer and vacation better at Wisconsin Dells' most complete family resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Chula Vista Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chula Vista Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Chula Vista Theme Hotel
- Chula Vista Wisconsin Dells
- Hotel Chula Vista Theme