We stayed at Chula Vista the week of May 11th for our anniversary. We are 2 adults in our late 20s with no children going for a relaxing vacation. We were there 3 days and 2 nights- mid week.
We got there at 2:30pm and our room was ready at 3pm. We had to come back at 4pm to get our all inclusive wristbands as we got the all inclusive deal. Having to wait for the bands were a bit annoying but not too bad.
The waterpark was great! We are both in our late 20s and loved it. We went to it for 2 hours the first day and then 5 the next. Since it was off season the water park was pretty quiet, which made it very relaxing. The water slides were great and so was the rollarcoaster. I rode it 3 times in a row a few times, it was great. The hot tub is very large and very relaxing. I also noticed the water park was spotless, they do a great job maintaining it and keeping it clean. We saw people walking around picking stuff up and throwing it out constantly. The lifeguards were really nice but also took their jobs seriously when people were not following the rules.
We had lunch at Crash Landings which was great for quick food. They also had plenty of ingredients to make mixed drinks that were included in the all inclusive. We had the Market Fresh breakfast buffet both days and the dinner once. We always found something to please us. The create your own pasta and omelet stations were the best! The food off the menu at the lounge (also included) was awesome! We eat had our own appetizers and meal. They had about 12 beers on tap and plenty of mixed drinks included in the all inclusive, even blended drinks like Daiquiris were included. The employees were also all very nice and very helpful. There were 2 conventions going on while we were there and it never bothered us.
We stayed in one of their themed rooms, Southern Plantation, for a few more dollars. It could definatly use some updating but it did not damper our stay. We found it humorous and decided next time we would stay in the standard room since we were not in the room very often. The in room jacuzzi was very nice and very clean. The room included a dehumidifier which was very nice as the hotel is on the river.
We also used the outdoor hot springs for adults only. We were the only ones in the hot tub and one of two couples in the area. It was nice and quite at night and the fire place was an added touch. We did not use the spa, it seemed a bit pricey. We did look in the shops, they have quite a few which is nice. We also did not eat at the steak house as it was not included in the all inclusive, but we did not mind at all.
Over all we enjoyed our stay at Chula Vista. We felt we more than got our monies worth. We loved the food, water park, and the people that worked there. We will certainly be doing back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chula Vista Resort and Waterpark is a complete resort experience in Wisconsin Dells with over 200,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor waterparks. Luxury comes standard in all of our guest rooms, suites and condominiums. Bring your clubs and challenge yourself on our 18-hole golf course. At Chula Vista, we invite you to laugh harder, splash bigger, stay longer and vacation better at Wisconsin Dells' most complete family resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Hotwire so you can book your Chula Vista Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chula Vista Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Chula Vista Theme Hotel
- Chula Vista Wisconsin Dells
- Hotel Chula Vista Theme