This was our first trip to Wisconsin Dells and to Chula Vista Resorts (CVR). We selected CVR over other resorts due to the price of our room. We booked a Fairway Loft Villa for four adults and 2 children and 1 infant.
Upon arrival we discovered that the accomadations in the resort were spread apart. We were staying by the golf course and the only way for us to get to the indoor waterpark was to either walk a long way outside (too cold to do in October) or to take a shuttle which is painfull with three kids, a stroller, beach bag etc... It would of been great if CVR had a map of where your room is in respect to other things on their website. Since we wanted quick access to the waterpark (our only reason for being there) we asked to be moved closer. They only had one room available (1 2BR Condo) for $149 more per night. We decided to eat this cost and moved our room.
The room was spectacular. It was a home away from home. The waterpark was very enjoyable as well and this is where the positive comments run dry....
Upon checkout, I noticed that there were two fee's on our room bill; A "Green Initiative" fee of $4 and a Wisconsin Dells Resort fee of $19. I wa confused and asked for an explanation. The lady at the front desk was clueless so I had to talk to the manager.
She explained that the $4 fee was to help convert light bulbs to more energy efficient ones. I was flabergasted that my $700 room bill was not enough to help CVR buy light bulbs. She said it was an optional fee but its not very optional when they just add it to your bill without asking.
The second fee of $19 was a fee charged by the Dells to CVR for having a resort there...At least that's how it was explained to me. I again was flabergasted that I, the consumer, who already paid taxes to the Dells and $700 to CVR would be paying for a fee to the Dells so CVR could operate there. After a long session with the manager, she waived the fees.
We tried to enjoy the Market Place Buffet on our way out but it was closed...We had planned this the night before and had talked to them about their hours, prices etc... However, due to low occupancy they were not open. Had I accidentally bought to all inclusive package with them I would of been out of a meal as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chula Vista Resort and Waterpark is a complete resort experience in Wisconsin Dells with over 200,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor waterparks. Luxury comes standard in all of our guest rooms, suites and condominiums. Bring your clubs and challenge yourself on our 18-hole golf course. At Chula Vista, we invite you to laugh harder, splash bigger, stay longer and vacation better at Wisconsin Dells' most complete family resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Chula Vista Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chula Vista Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Chula Vista Theme Hotel
- Chula Vista Wisconsin Dells
- Hotel Chula Vista Theme