“Not worth money”
Review of Chula Vista Resort

Chula Vista Resort
Ranked #52 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

2 main attractions closed for the 4 days we were there. Stayed in condo on first floor and found that they do not lock the doors getting into the condo building. Called security and no one returned call. Took over 1 hr to check in with only 1 person. Would not recommend going there.

• Stayed: July 2013
Dan H, General Manager at Chula Vista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Nurse 1996,

Thank you for being with us on your recent visit and providing feedback on your stay. I do apologize for the mechanical failures in the waterpark they were unforseen and a delay in replacement parts.
We do know you have many choices available to you in selecting a vacation spot. I do hope that you may be able to give us another opportunity to serve you in the future. Have safe travels

There are newer reviews for Chula Vista Resort

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Just came back from Chula Vista (July 21 - July 23, 2013) and I have to say, we had a wonderful time. After reading all the negative reviews, I was a little skeptical on staying there. You can't believe every review you read. We stayed in a Double Queen Suite and it was very clean and very spacious. We had a beautiful view of the Wisconsin River. The Chula Vista property was also very clean and beautifully landscaped. The only complaint that I have to say we had was the breakfast buffet at Market Fresh was cold, so we really didn't enjoy our food. Otherwise, everything about our trip was wonderful. Definitely will be back in the future and will recommend this place. Thank you Chula Vista!!!

Donna B,

We really appreciate you being with us on your visit to the Dells and selecting Chula Vista.
Glad to see that your accommodations worked out for your family and you had a memorable trip.
We look forward to being of service to you again. Have a great rest of the summer.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

We had 7 people in a 2 br condo. It was perfect for us. Plenty of room and very nice and clean, we were all excited! Check in was great. Check in time was at 4pm we got there at 12:40 so we could use the water park and our room was ready!! We were so glad we didn't have to get our waterpark passes and check in to our room! afterward. Front desk receptionist was very friendly and helpful. Checkout was easy as I had paid ahead and just called the front desk when we left. As far as the waterpark goes....eh. The outdoor waterpark is nice if you have little kids, but there really isn't alot there. The indoor waterpark is better, it is not huge, but it is adequate. It has a lazy river, a rollercoaster and a number of slides, a baby area, and a pool or 2. We enjoyed our stay!

1  Thank juls2go

Juls2go,

Great to see you had such a wonderful time and the condo accomodations workd out so well for you and your family. I appreciate you taking the time to drop a note regarding your stay and we look forward to being of service to you and your family again. Have a great summer.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Went to Chula Visa just before the season officially started and stayed in a 2-bedroom condo w/my husband, our daughter and her husband and our two little grandchildren (3 & 5). We are up here almost every other year. It's really nice to have a full kitchen - we love to bake a batch of cookies as soon as we get there! The wave pool is really fun for all ages, you just have to monitor the kids closely, depending on their age. Even our little ones loved it, but we of course were with them the entire time! There's also an outdoor bar at the wave pool that serves food - usually works out really well for us. The indoor water park has a lot to offer, but this year the toddler pool had a lot of older kids that were allowed to run wild and were a little too rough for my liking. Kaminski's, the chop house, offers incredible food - but pretty expensive. We ate there and enjoyed our meal, but we also got in the car one night and went to town - which is like 5 minutes away. We had the magnificent breakfast buffet, but that gets expensive, especially with litlte ones that don't really eat that much. I didn't find any other option for breakfast at the resort. Our room was clean and the beds were comfortable. The only problem we consistently have here is that the Internet connection isn't very reliable...but we were on vacation so it wasn't that big of a deal. We always enjoy our stays at Chula Vista.

Room Tip: If you're on the ground floor in the condos - people could walk by at all hours of the day and n...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ChgoDMS
Dan H, General Manager at Chula Vista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

ChgoDMS,

Thank you so much for being back with us, glad to see that you and your family had a most memorable time on your vacation.
As you have experienced the resort has options for most age groups and a variety of dining experiences.
We look forward to seeing you again soon and will keep you updated. Have a wonderful summer.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Luxurious and relaxing for us and our kids just had the time of their lives in indoor/outdoor water parks! Packages were well worth what we paid for our stay. And really enjoyed having option of having meals delivered right to our suite! We had a blast! And I've been telling everyone I know about Chula Vista since"

• Stayed: June 2013

Kwake5,

Thank you for being us on your most recent visit to the Dells. We are happy that you picked Chula Vista and a had a memorable family experience. We appreciate you taking the time to provide us feeback and we look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Went to the Chula Vista Resort with my husband and kids, we ate at the buffet for our first evening meal to find a young very inexperienced manager who liked to argue with the guest when you tried to talk to her about the poor service, food quality She never said she was sorry just went on and on and on for over 15 minutes about how she could use this as a training tool for her staff Really someone needs to train her! The water park was great with great staff. We did go back to buffet for our breakfast as we had a good morning package, seems the am staff are much more experienced.I did talk with our am server about the pm manager and all they would say that I care to repeat is that is Regina( seems this has been an issue for quite some time)The food was great in the am and staff very attentive unlike at night. Now comes the real issue my husband and I went to the Mexican restaurant on site to find the manager wearing very little cloths and every time she came to our table she would look at my husband and call him Hun.I was very offended by her comments.as a manager someone needs to talk to her about how she dresses, and talks to guests not every man like to be called Hun by a stranger. The staff all had on shorts and nice colorful shirts. The Manager was barely covered on both ends.I went to the front desk to talk to a food manager and they told me they had none. I would guess that is why there is no training of Restaurant managers. We had planned another stay at Chula Vista but think we will pass until they have better managers that know how to dress and talk to the public. I talked to several other women who were also offended.No need to respond. I am sure you know about this and have done nothing after talking to servers, other staff and other guests. Might help your rating to get rid of the problems?? We stayed in condo which was very nice!

3  Thank SusieQ3344
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I wish I would have read the reviews. Over all, the place is a nice looking place. Good for kids and families but not for 25 yr olds looking to party or have a fun swim. First, our room was a basic room. For over 200 a night,expected at least a bigger bathroom with kitchenette. We had wasps nests on our balcony and called maintenance and all they did was spray instead of removing them so they were still there. The blow dryer didn't work and the drain was slow and the light bulb broke when touched. We had to call maintenance more then once.
But the worst part was the water park was TINY!! It's not young adult friendly. No just basic pool to wade or swim in. They have either a water park or pool to play basketball/ volleyball. The lazy river is inside and the water in the indoor water park is HOT. We came to enjoy cool water and chill, and we couldn't even do that.
The worst part about it though, was THERE IS NO COMPLIMENTRY BREAKFAST!! You pay a buttload of money and they have a breakfast buffet that costs 12$ dollars and that doesn't include drinks!!! And it HAS NO OPTIONS. A total rip off. I haven't even finished my stay and I'm totally disappointed in the amount of money I spent here for what I got. A super 8 would have been better. Downtown is fun though!

• Stayed: July 2013
Dan H, General Manager at Chula Vista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Elise,

Thank you for being with us on this visit, I am sorry that the resorts facilities did not meet your requirements on this trip, but possibly in the future.
We will keep you updated on future changes and promotions.