We spent a night recently at one of Chula Vista's golf villas. The waterpark admission seemed to be a good value - We were able to get our wristbands for the waterpark well before our room was ready at 4pm which was nice and could stay through close on our departure day if we chose. The villa seemed newer, very clean and had everything a family would need for several days (we didn't cook but easily could have with what was provided). The room slept 6 (3 adults, 3 kids) comfortably. The view onto the golf course was very nice. The room was quiet. There was a large group with lots of kids staying in several rooms on the 2nd floor but we didn't hear them at all.
Two of us adults had a light dinner at the "Sports Bar" (next to the buffet). We arrived early enough to get in on the daily happy hour special (1/2 price beer and appetizers) and the pizza was delicious, too. The menus at several of the restaurants are very limited so I would recommend checking the menus out before you go. We left the Mexican place by the wavepool because they had a very small menu.
The waterpark was very, very busy as it was a rainy summer weekend but we were able to find chairs. The waterslides were busy but not "Disney during Spring Break" busy. The staff said this was one of their busiest days but it seemed like they could handle it.My only complaint is there weren't nearly enough tubes for the lazy river which caused all kinds of teenagers to run, scream & splash their way through the river.
It was a fun place and we would probably return, probably with golf clubs next time (the course looked nice).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chula Vista Resort and Waterpark is a complete resort experience in Wisconsin Dells with over 200,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor waterparks. Luxury comes standard in all of our guest rooms, suites and condominiums. Bring your clubs and challenge yourself on our 18-hole golf course. At Chula Vista, we invite you to laugh harder, splash bigger, stay longer and vacation better at Wisconsin Dells' most complete family resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Chula Vista Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chula Vista Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Chula Vista Theme Hotel
- Chula Vista Wisconsin Dells
- Hotel Chula Vista Theme