Chula Vista Resort
Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$142
$129
Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$89
Ramada Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$84
Best Western Ambassador Inn & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$106
$95
BestWestern.com
Great Wolf Lodge(Wisconsin Dells)
$170
Black Hawk Motel & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$74
$72
Alakai Hotel and Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$69
All Star Inn & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$64
$62
Grand Marquis Waterpark Hotel & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$93
$88
Orbitz.com
$229
TripAdvisor
2,326 results
All reviewschop houseunderground tunnelall inclusive packagebedroom condothe indoor water parkgreat escapefull kitchenwisconsin riverall agesoff seasonolder kidstwo queen bedsgreat resorta lot of funyear oldsmini golffamily vacation
Reviewed May 5, 2008

We purchased their All-Inclusive Special for $99 a night for 2 nights, 2 people. My 2 year old son was free!

The nights we went were a Wednesday 4/30 - Thursday 5/1. It was not busy at all, we did not have to make reservations for dinner and the waterpark did not seem busy at all. I thought what a great time to go.

What a great time we had, I booked a two-queen Jr Suite with a view and we received a nice room on the 5th floor that had a balcony facing the Wisconsin River, with tall pine trees. Our room was clean and did not have any odor of any kind.

The food and drinks were all included in the all-inclusive, we had the buffet for breakfast and dinner, both were very good, nice selection and hot. Our lunch we had in the bar, they had tables, so I didn't have to set my 2 year old up at the bar to eat lunch. The bar food was very good as well, beef sandwich, chix tenders and cesear salad. We had ice cream and snacks from the snack bar in the waterpark area, plus frozen drinks that included strawberry daquiris and pina coladas, all very good.

The waterpark was perfect size for my 2 year old son.... He was too small for the larger slides, but that is okay... We were able to do the lazy river and he utilized the kiddie pool and slides for a good 2 1/2 hours on one night, I don't think he ever got out of the water. The kiddie area starts at zero depth and goes up to 2 ft. It has buckets that dump, and water guns. My mom and I were able to sit on the side of the kiddie area and just watch him play. I have read about the water park being loud... I didn't really notice.

I also took my son into the arcade, which he said "this is just like Chuck E Cheese", okay it is much smaller, but for him it was perfect.

ALL IN ALL WE HAD A GREAT TIME, WITH NO COMPLAINTS!!!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank Sue P
Reviewed April 20, 2008

Three of us were on a girls week away shop-til-you-drop mission driving from Chicago to Minneapolis shopping along the way ending with the Mall of America. The Dells were the 1/2 way point and it seemed like a great place to stop to relax, go to the spa and the water park. I had reserved a family suite and upon arrival was told that we were upgraded to a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom condo with two fireplaces and a 4 person jacuzzi. It was a really nice surprise and we throughly enjoyed it. The condo was absolutely beautiful and very comfortable. The hotel grounds were very nice as were the employees. The spa services were comparable to others I have received. The food in the restaurants definately needs improving for the price. I would love to go back to this property in the summer months for another stay!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank havingfun42
Reviewed April 13, 2008

This was our 4th trip to the resort.The first to were beyond perfect,3rd some issues,This trip I reserved 2 rooms,1 for the kids and one the adults.Upon check in they had 2adults per room,they stated they didnt charge deposit for second room,paid it no issue.When I resy I stated my kid is vegitarian,they assured me she would have many choices,and could still order off the menu in lue of buffet,she could not and was even denied fruit and vegis at crash landing snack bar at the water park.The kids room had a cloged toilet from 8pm-11am after 5 calls and a visit to the desk finally it was fixed.Glad we had 2 rooms.Our room was in the Norht tower which is a 10-15min walk from the waterpark,They closed the indoor park in the north tower for "meeting space" that was a disappointment.
There is way to much meeting and convention space here now.We always to all inclusive which is still a great deal but the food and service is now severly lacking.I alway tip as that is not included and I am a resturant manager.No one we found in this place but Shawn the bartender was worth it.He did and awesome job.
Morning of check out we check our bill and we were charged $45pn($90) extra for the kids room which they could have stated at check in and after the bathroom issue they should have credited us something.After speaking with Jon the manager who is a very nice man,we recieved a cert for $100 of our next visit,which had fine print.We will only return to use or cert which is a sad this as it was our favorite vacation spot for the since 2005 and I refered many families to this resort.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed April 12, 2008

My husband and I took our 6 kids, my brother, his wife, their 3 kids, and my sister on a 2 day getaway at the Chula Vista. We had been planning to stay at the Kalahari, having been there before but kept getting the runaround on pricing so decided to go with the Chula Vista and I am SO glad we did.

We rented the 3 bedroom condo for $365 after tax and fees and the room was absolutely gorgeous with private bedrooms, a huge jacuzzi tub and all the amenities of home. The only complaint I had about the room is that the kitchen is not stocked to cook and serve the 14 people the room can hold. I had even called to make sure and was assured it was "fully stocked". It most definitely was not. So bring your own dishes and pots and pans if you actually plan to eat in the room as a group.

Checking in was very quick and easy. In fact we had arrived a few hours before check in but were given our room anyway. Check in took all of 5 minutes.

The waterpark was fabulous. I'll agree with other reviewers that it's quite loud but if that doesn't bother you, you'll be fine. They have a nice area for toddlers, a very large area in the center for older kids, and of course all the big slides that rival any slides i've been on anywhere else. The roller coaster ride wasn't working while we were there unfortunately.

The underground tunnel to get to the waterpark was a godsend in February, and the walk through it is pleasant as there is art along the way to snap pictures of or whatever.

The staff in the waterpark is wonderful. When we were at other waterparks the staff seemed disconnected and bored. At Chula vista they smile and chat and are very aware of any dangers. My 3 year old neice wandered off and before she was even 20 feet away from us they had 3 staff members on her.

I cannot comment on the food because we chose to bring our own food and eat in the room.

I totally recommend this resort to anyone looking for an inexpensive vacation for a reasonable price. I had read reviews before we went that made me nervous but I don't know why those people encountered the problems they did because we loved it!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed April 12, 2008

Our junior suite was not ready when we arrived so they upgraded us to a condo! It was spacious and well furnished. We took our 3 grandchildren and we had a wonderful time. Everything was clean and well maintained. The buffet meal was great for our picky eaters. We will go there again.

Stayed: March 2008