Just returned from Chula Vista Resort after attending a conference.
We started out with a golf outing on Friday and given we were very early in the season and all of the recent rains the course was in pretty good condition. The course and bar staff did a great job of making sure the event was fun and ran smoothly. One recommendation, the signage on the course directing you to some of the holes leaves a little to be desired. Just adding the hole number on the back of the hole kiosk for some of them would make a huge difference and eliminate a lot of confusion.
After that went over to check in around 2:30PM (check-in is supposed to be 4PM), Front Desk was cordial and the unit (condo 2108) was ready and waiting. Given so many of the poor reviews I was a bit aprehensive regarding the quality of the unit as well as the check-in staff at Reception. Staff was efficient and got us through the process in less than 7 minutes. Plenty of trolleys for luggage so was in the room 15 minutes after parking car.
The unit was clean and reasonably well appointed. Couple of small complaints but not deal breakers; the spoons in the kitchen are tiny (not even able to really call them teaspoons), no blender and for some reason our refrig (and others we saw in 3 more units) had multiple dents on the freezer door. Can not fugure how that is even possible as the door's range of motion does not allow for it to hit anything. Unit will sleep at least 6 and there were plenty of towels but only 1 washcloth was found in each of the bathrooms. Pillows are a bit small for my tastes but unlike others I found the bed to be comfortable enough for a few nights without getting a sore back in the AM.
We were there with our son, his wife and our 2 grandchildren (2yr old & 3yr old) and the condo had sufficient room for all of us and the kids could play to their hearts content. Kitchen allowed us to cook meals as needed and there were more than enough dishes for everyone (but again, those small spoons were an issue).
Three (3) TVs but the one in the living room over the fireplace given furniture location was viewed easily only in the chair and from the dining table, the sofa was pretty much useless to watch TV, maybe an articulated TV mount could help out with this. Bedrooms and bathrooms have lots of storage for items if staying longer than 3 days.
Did not eat in any restaurants but food service did a real nice job with food options for the conference; Friday night Icebreaker, Sat AM business meeting break and evening banquet for over 150 in a seated dinner.
Would go back again if the conference was there but there are cheaper options if just my wife and I. If 6 of us again the price for the condo is not too steep given the room to roam and the amenities. Oh yeah, the internet speed leaves a lot to be desired. As stated in other reviews... it is SLOW!!!
Spent some time at the waterpark (we were at a conference so meetings took priority) and had fun. My son and his wife took the little ones and they all had a great time so I trust their opinion and their experience was very good
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chula Vista Resort and Waterpark is a complete resort experience in Wisconsin Dells with over 200,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor waterparks. Luxury comes standard in all of our guest rooms, suites and condominiums. Bring your clubs and challenge yourself on our 18-hole golf course. At Chula Vista, we invite you to laugh harder, splash bigger, stay longer and vacation better at Wisconsin Dells' most complete family resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Chula Vista Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chula Vista Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Chula Vista Theme Hotel
- Chula Vista Wisconsin Dells
- Hotel Chula Vista Theme