Stayed at this resort as we were in the Dells for a cheer competition and rooms were blocked here. Had stayed at the Kalahari and Wilderness previously. We were booked in the golf villas. Yes, it was still cold (no golf) but I must say that it was nice to be a bit away from the main resort area and there was ample parking for the villas. Big plus. Check in, as some mentioned, took a bit, and this was at 7pm in the evening. But not nearly as time consuming as the other resorts I mentioned. Specifically:
Check-in: No issues. Waited a little bit, but probably no more than 20 minutes.
Room: In Golf Villas. Big enough room. Stove, small refrig, microwave, flat screen tv. Small kitchenette for sitting, working on the computer, etc. We were literally right across from the main building, so we walked rather than wait on a shuttle. Not a big deal, and the few minutes or fresh air were nice. Clean. Nothing special. We were there pretty much to sleep, so it was just fine.
Waterpark: Got there right when it opened and it was nice....for the first 2 hours. Then it seemed everyone woke up and WOW. Super crowded. No seats if you arrived late. It seemed clean. We left when the crowds started because it was honestly suffocating.
Arcarde: Awesome. Not crowded. Perfect for kids in the 7-11 age group I'd say. Air hockey table, and bizarrely enough....pretty quiet.
Restaurant: Can only comment on Market Fresh (everything buffet style). Nice. Breakfast was reasonable, dinner not so much. If you aren't really going to eat your money's worth, don't go. But I guess that is true of all buffets. We ate away from the resort for most meals.
Internet: Honestly, don't bother. Reception was TERRIBLE and only upon occasion could you get a reliable signal.
It is farther away than the normal resort area, so it's a short drive if you want to visit the outlet mall or have events at the other larger resorts.
Comparing to Kalahari and Wilderness, they all have their pros and cons. Kalahari rooms were SCARY in my opinion. I hated the thought if having to be in them. They have more to do there...a larger waterpark and arcade, movie theater, etc...but it was loud ALL THE TIME. Wilderness took FOREVER (over an hour) for check-in and the service was terrible. Waterpark was nice and didn't seem as crowded as Kalahari.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chula Vista Resort and Waterpark is a complete resort experience in Wisconsin Dells with over 200,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor waterparks. Luxury comes standard in all of our guest rooms, suites and condominiums. Bring your clubs and challenge yourself on our 18-hole golf course. At Chula Vista, we invite you to laugh harder, splash bigger, stay longer and vacation better at Wisconsin Dells' most complete family resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Odigeo, Orbitz, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Chula Vista Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chula Vista Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Chula Vista Theme Hotel
- Chula Vista Wisconsin Dells
- Hotel Chula Vista Theme