“Love Chula Vista”
Review of Chula Vista Resort

Chula Vista Resort
Ranked #55 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Travelling here for a conference for work. The rooms were neat and clean, everyone was friendly and problems were resolved in a quick manner. I arrived late in the evening, after all food service had stopped at the resort. I was STARVING! - when inquiring at the front desk about some food, I was provided with several take out menus from local places that delivered right to my room. I got my food and a good nights sleep. The next morning I woke up and was brushing my teeth. I started hearing water hitting carpet...my sink was leaking, not bad, but enough. I stopped by the front desk to let them know what happened. the leak was fixed before I got back to my room from lunch. These are problems that can happen to anyone, anywhere - the way they are handled - with apology, courtesy and speed are what make the difference in an enjoyable stay and a lousy one. I came for business, but will go back for pleasure! (Can't wait to try the waterpark!)

Room Tip: Balcony rooms are the best!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Dan H, General Manager at Chula Vista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Tina 53403,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us feedback on your recent stay. Our team appreciates the kind words, thank you.
We hope to see you again soon and we will keep you updated on future promotions.

Best Regards,

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I have stayed at Chula Vista on several occasions and highly recommend the condos. On my most recent stay, however, I rented a room in the conference hotel portion. The conference center is a tad difficult to navigate (lots of winding hallways) but generally pleasant. My room, however, was dark, noisy and dated. The comforter had holes in it, the bedding and pillows were mediocre, and the mattresses were firm. My room did not have a guest services binder with basic information necessary for my stay (phone numbers, Internet instructions etc) and I had to call the front desk for assistance. Others have complained about the location. I enjoy that it is away from the main drag. It is just a short drive to the major attractions.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Morph25

Morph 25,

Glad to see your conference went well and we hope to see you again on a personal basis soon. The feedback provided is helpful and we use this in our planning.
We will be updating the hotel rooms this spring and we will be sure to keep you updated on our progress. Thank you and have safe travels.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We went here with our almost 2 year old. We won't be back for a few years to the Dells. I'm sure this water park is like all of the Dells water parks - it was sensory overload. Plus, you can tell this hotel had some additions. We had a room in the condo building and my parents had a room in the tower building. It took us 30 minutes to walk there. You also have to go up and down multiple elevators on different levels to get to the rooms and water park. Again, if I had an older child - no issue, I'd welcome the exercise! But it was very hard with a little toddler.
We stayed Saturday - Monday. Saturday the water park was so packed, it was unenjoyable. We were never able to get on a tube to go down the lazy river, people were actually fighting over them. There was also a long line to get tubes to go down the slides.
Sunday we were looking for a break with the crowds. That didn't happen. A bus full of kids pulled up and didn't leave until 3ish.
I will say that Sunday night was delightful for us. We weren't competing for usage of space, etc. There were a few rock star employees, but most never acknowledged us in the halls, etc. I think that makes it so less personal. Our room in the condo building was very nice, clean and comfortable. Our parent's room was very out dated, but I understand they will be remodeled soon.

Room Tip: Condo rooms are updated. Try not to get a room in the 5th or 6th floors in the condo room. Then yo...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Meghan P

Meghan P,

Thank you for being with us on your recent getaway to the Dells. We know you have a number of options and are glad you selected Chula Vista. I am sorry that we did not meet all of your expectations but your feedback is most appreciated and valuable.
I do hope that you will give us another opportunity in the near future, we will be updating our hotel rooms this spring. We will be sure to keep you informed.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We went to this place this year in February 2013 for the first time. Enjoyed the water park ,during the week it was not crowded. I never knew they had a heated tunnel from the motel to water park..Alot to do for family with kids and restaurants on the premise.Always alot of deals if you check the interent. .Staff was helpful, I was overwelmed by the size of the place but they gave me a map of the site Plan to go again..

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

DustyNeshKoro,

It was great to hear from you and thank you so much for taking the time to give us feedback on your recent stay. Our team really enjoys seeing and reading all the positve feedback.
We look forward to being of service again soon. Have safe travels

Reviewed February 25, 2013

The Chula Vista was in my opinion over priced compared to other resorts in the Dells

the other issue and pretty big issue was we were watching my friend's daughter play volleyball at the Sports Dome which is about 1/2 to 1 mile away and owned by the Chula Vista.

The guy at the front desk of the Sports Dome called and had the shuttle bus take us to the Chula Vista, we drank some beers and had lunch took about 2 hours or so.

Now when it was time to go back the Front desk at Chula Vista says they don't shuttle folks to the Sports Dome again owned and operated by the Chula Vista.

My problem with that is why didn't the reception desk at the sports dome mention that we can take you to one place but we can't bring you back

So if you are playing a sports event at the Chula Vista Sports Dome you may as well stay somewhere else

now the sports bar at the Chula Vista had a great staff, a little expensive on beer and TV's didn't have much to offer as far as sports to watch

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank BadgerMan1970
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

I came here for a fun time with the kids. We came on a Sunday night to avoid crowds but everything closed hours earlier, including the restaurants on the premise. And since this place is miles from any another dining options we had to end up ordering in. The real bummer is that check out time is 10:30 and the water park first opens at 10am.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank n1234l

N12341,

Thank you for spending your recent getaway with us and we hope to be of srvice to you again soon. We will be sure to keep you updated on our progress and future promotions.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

We stayed in the North Tower in early February. The room was very dated but very clean. The bathroom was updated with new looking tile and looked very nice. The mattresses and pillows felt/looked new and were comfortable. The fridge worked well, nice and cold. The microwave was from the early 90’s, tiny and heated things unevenly. The patio door lock was broken, but after calling the front desk a very kind maintenance team was in our room super fast and had it fixed within 10 minutes of making the call. The housekeeping staff was also very friendly. The indoor water park is small but has a lot to offer, an appealing theme and attentive, kind lifeguards. The water “coaster” was fun but painfully slammed our backs into the hard safety bar each time it accelerated. The locker room/bathrooms at the water park were very clean, including the shower area. The water park opens at 10 am and closes at 8pm, so it opens later and closes earlier than other places in the area during the off-season. The water park café was understaffed and we waited 35 minutes for a mediocre hot sandwich. They have an “all you can drink” alcohol deal that draws lots of people who like to drink a lot of alcohol. However I should note that no drunk people caused any problems at all during our stay, they were just staggering around harmlessly.
The check in/check out times are not in line with other area resorts and are very frustrating. Check out is at 10:30am. When I asked for a late checkout they could do no later than 11am. Their check in time is 4pm. Most places have later out and earlier in times and will let you extend your checkout to 12 or even 1pm without an issue.
Overall for the price we paid I did not feel the Chula Vista was a good value for our family. I wouldn’t pay more $100 a night for this place in the off-season and that would have to include the “resort fee”.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank ChicagoMom2003
Dan H, General Manager at Chula Vista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

ChicagoMom2003,

Thank you for being with us on your recent family getaway and providing feedback to us.
Regarding the Tower rooms we will be updating the accommodations this spring and we will be sure to keep you informed on our progress.
A special note of thanks to mention our staff for thye do appreciate hearing from you.
We hope to see you again soon. Have safe travels.