We stayed at chula vista for 2 nights over the winter break in a 2 bedroom condominium. The condo itself was beautiful and more spacious that any hotel condos I have seen. However that was probably the only plus point for the resort.
They do not have enough staff and amenities for the number of guests and rooms they handle. Consequently, we spent 45 minutes stading in line for registering, were told our room was not ready (at 3pm), and then again at 4.30 stood in line for 20-25 min to get our room keys.
Same problem with restaurant staff, nobody is available to seat you or clear a table or take your order. If you need to use elevators instead of stairs (like we did because of stroller) you might have to wait 20-30 minutes to get an elevator with enough space left for stroller.
The indoor water park was small (as compared to walterpark at kalahari) and felt very crowded. We spent a while looking for chairs both times we went there. The tube slides have long waits once to get a tube for the slide then you go up and wait again. We did like the "action river" there but again sometimes it was very crowded. Their kids area is again small and crowded. they did have any really small or shallow slides suitable for a less than 2 year old. Their indoor aracde was small and half of the games were not working. there is a 4D theater in the tunnel (6$ per preson for 10 minute movie). it was fun but not worth repeating. other than this wasnt we could find anything to do
The restaurants are WAY overpriced if you are not doing an all-inclusive deal. So if you dont want to spend a lot of money on food at the buffet or the kamiski bros(appetizers are 20-50$, entrees 40-150), you are left with only one option the howlers sports bar. they have limited food and very few options for vegetarians. the quality is poor for the price ( a pizza was about 22$ with two toppings). We were not able to drive to downtown for one day because of havey snow, so it was awful having to eat the same thing over and over. The chef at howlers was nice and did make something especially for us.
It may be a good place to stay for older kids, if you bring your own food, if you love waterpark slides enough to wait half an hour for every slide and if you can eat pizza, fries and burgers every day.
for us ....we will not be going back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chula Vista Resort and Waterpark is a complete resort experience in Wisconsin Dells with over 200,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor waterparks. Luxury comes standard in all of our guest rooms, suites and condominiums. Bring your clubs and challenge yourself on our 18-hole golf course. At Chula Vista, we invite you to laugh harder, splash bigger, stay longer and vacation better at Wisconsin Dells' most complete family resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Odigeo, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Chula Vista Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chula Vista Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Chula Vista Theme Hotel
- Chula Vista Wisconsin Dells
- Hotel Chula Vista Theme