I took my boys here for a little extra Christmas fun based solely on a t.v. commercial. I read a few reviews and since they were mixed thought what the heck just give it a try. A few issues:
1. Customer service needs help - I arrived two hours earlier than check in time with two little people and asked for early check-in. I understand this is not guranteed, but at check-in, the young woman was very rude. She took down my cell number, told me that they'd text me when a room was available, and 15 minutes before check-in I received nothing, so I walked to front desk and asked about my room, and a new young lady says, "Oh, your room has been available for awhile now, would you like me to check you in?" I didn't even bother showing how annoyed I was because I was trying to stay in the Christmas spirit and knew I'd be writing a review later.
2. Got to room and noticed tv remote and refrigerator didn't work, so called front desk. Front desk person informed me she'd "try" to get someone to come check. About thirty minutes later, some little man comes banging on the door as if he is annoyed to be doing his job. He just walks over to tv remote and says, "It needs to be programmed." I guess as a guest in a hotel, I should know that every remote needs to be programmed by guests not hotel personnel??! Again, I ignored and remained in Christmas spirit. He then walks over to refrigerator, takes my water bottle out (which I had frozen at home and brought along with me, so it was already cold when I put in refrigerator) and says, "Looks like the fridge is working to me. So what else is a problem?" I looked at him and told him my water was cold when I put it in fridge and that the fridge was leaking water and clearly wasn't making any sounds as if it was getting cold ( I had turned it to high.) He then says, "Oh, well these little fridges need time to get cold. Just call us if nothing happens by later tonight." Three days later the fridge was hot, maintenance never came by and at check out, the guy at desk says, "Oh sorry the fridge didn't work, I will have someone take another look." Incredible.
3. It is winter. People are here for the "indoor waterpark". In the indoor waterpark it is nice and warm, the minute you step out, it is freezing. Maybe I'm being unreasonable, but I sort of expected a place that is open in the winter in WISCONSIN DELLS that has an indoor waterpark to keep a nice cozy temperature, so that you don't feel like you are in the arctic when you leave the comforts of its indoor waterpark. I had to bring winter clothes to put on my boys so they wouldn't freeze walking from the indoor waterpark back to our hotel room. Weird.
4. Food is mediocre - got the worst pancakes AND bacon for breakfast one morning. How in the world can anyone make bad BACON????? Bacon is typically universally good. It felt sinful having to throw it away.
5. Saw same orange piece and cigarette butt sitting on floor outside my room the entire stay (and no one in my room smokes.)
6. Hotel room cleaning knocked on my door every day and encouraged me not to get room cleaning and to just hand them my dirty towels as they handed me new face towels.
7. Room is nice sized.
8. Concept is a good one and this place could be so much better, because it has the "bones," but come on, the things that made me give two circles are things that are just easy to improve on, and the lack of interest in making the improvements are the very reason I will not be coming back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chula Vista Resort and Waterpark is a complete resort experience in Wisconsin Dells with over 200,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor waterparks. Luxury comes standard in all of our guest rooms, suites and condominiums. Bring your clubs and challenge yourself on our 18-hole golf course. At Chula Vista, we invite you to laugh harder, splash bigger, stay longer and vacation better at Wisconsin Dells' most complete family resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Chula Vista Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chula Vista Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Chula Vista Theme Hotel
- Chula Vista Wisconsin Dells
- Hotel Chula Vista Theme