My family of six plus two tag-a-long kids stayed at the Chula Vista Resort in the Wisconsin Dells for an 8th grade football tounament Nov 2-4, 2012. The resort was hosting the event, so we decided to stay where my son could be close to his friends. I read up on the past reviews for this resort and prepared myself. I was pleasantly surprised by the excellent customer service. Whether in person at the front desk, coffee shop, sports bar, or on the phone with guest services, I encountered friendly staff, more than willing to cater to whatever I needed.
We chose a "family villa suite" on the golf course. We did not mind that the villas were across the street from the main hotel. It was an easy walk to the waterpark building during good weather and the shuttle was quick and convenient when we didn't feel like a hike. The water park was small for Dells standards, but my kids had enought to keep them occupied for 2 days. I LOVED the giant outdoor hot tub behind the hotel, overlooking the river. It is a quiet and hidden gem. Bring your own cooler and snacks and stay a while - the outdoor bar service was not open in November. Another insider secret: there is also a second small outdoor hot tub right at the villas, that is only open at night for limited hours.
Our room was huge and well appointed with updated finishes and comfortable sleeping room for eight. I especially appreciated the kitchenette and the private king bedroom attached to the main suite. The price was 40% less than other big name Dells resorts' rooms of similar size - so I think it was a real value, and only 5 minutes drive to downtown Dells.
There is only one reason I could not give it a five circle/excellent rating. The patio doors had a lady bug and box-elder beetle problem. The lady bugs and beetles kept trying to come in the room and they were succeeding, even with the patio doors closed and locked. I didn't mind the lady bugs and neither did my football players, but my young daughter was creeped out by "bugs" in the room. I reported the issue to guest services and they came to spray the patio and ou room immediately and they were gracious when I asked for financial compensation for the inconvenience. What more could I ask for?
We ate at two of the resort venues: sports bar pizza was excellent; the buffet breakfast was expensive and nothing special.
Would I stay again? Maybe for a quick work conference or weekend adult getaway. But my kids would rather stay at the Wilderxxxx, where they can run between 3 indoor waterparks instead of just one at the ChulaVista.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chula Vista Resort and Waterpark is a complete resort experience in Wisconsin Dells with over 200,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor waterparks. Luxury comes standard in all of our guest rooms, suites and condominiums. Bring your clubs and challenge yourself on our 18-hole golf course. At Chula Vista, we invite you to laugh harder, splash bigger, stay longer and vacation better at Wisconsin Dells' most complete family resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Chula Vista Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chula Vista Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Chula Vista Theme Hotel
- Chula Vista Wisconsin Dells
- Hotel Chula Vista Theme