I just got back from taking my family to the Chula Vista. We had 7 adults and 2children; one 2 1/2 and the other is 6 weeks old. When we arrived checking in was flawless. Everything was ready. My family was arriving at different times but all they had to do was stop by the front desk and get their armbands put on. We choose the All-inclusive package so that we didn't have to worry about carrying money around or making food as I wanted a vacation and just enjoy being with my family. We had a condo with a full kitchen that we could have cooked at but you never know what you are hungry for and who wants to cook on vacation. Food was okay, nothing 5 star but enough choices that you could find something to eat. Drinks, alcoholic and non-alcoholic were also included so that was nice. You could go to the bar anytime and get something to drink instead of finding out at the end of your visit how much you actually spent.
We had a 3 bedroom condo that was the perfect size. Large living area with a jacuzzi that was great entertainment for the 2 year while everyone was getting ready to go to the park.
Some of the furniture was a little outdated and worn, Beds were tolerable but I haven't been to may resorts were you don't pay a fortune.
We have all decided that we will return for the next several years as we have many little ones on the way an this resort catered to the little ones. It might not have the biggest and fastest slides but they couldn't use them anyway. The slides they had were sufficient for the adults to get a little thrill while the others watched the babies. The lifeguards did a great job trying to keep everyone safe. I was more upset with other parents and grandparents leaving their 2,3 and 4 years unattended in the kiddie area. I can't tell you how many little ones I picked up out of the water after coming down the slides. They didn't have life preservers on which are hanging up right next to the are.
A large volleyball tournament was going on at the time we visited but never heard anything in the condo with all the kids running around.
Was it a 5 star resort? No, Did my family have fun? Absolutely. That is how I rate my vacation. You can always find something wrong anywhere you stay.
The staff was helpful and polite. Rooms were clean and spacious. ( I would love to show more pictures but it was to wet and I didn't want to ruin my camera.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chula Vista Resort and Waterpark is a complete resort experience in Wisconsin Dells with over 200,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor waterparks. Luxury comes standard in all of our guest rooms, suites and condominiums. Bring your clubs and challenge yourself on our 18-hole golf course. At Chula Vista, we invite you to laugh harder, splash bigger, stay longer and vacation better at Wisconsin Dells' most complete family resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo and Hotwire so you can book your Chula Vista Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chula Vista Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Chula Vista Theme Hotel
- Chula Vista Wisconsin Dells
- Hotel Chula Vista Theme