“This Is the Best Resort in Wisconsin Dells And Having The Club Membership we are able to come more”
Review of Chula Vista Resort

Chula Vista Resort
Ranked #54 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed November 14, 2011

We love Chula vista, nothing but the best there, the staff is so helpful and acomodating. We needed extra pillows and blankets and with in 5 mins they were knocking at our door. When visiting take the offer and take the tour of the club its a benefit , we are glad that we joined it. With having the benefit of discounts its awesome we can come more often. My daughter loves the water park and theres something to do for the whole family there. The DVD rentals rock nice feature to have late at night. Also if u stop by Hollars bar The BEST bartendar there is Patty she is quite entertaining and can make any drink and she is prompt in refilling the drinks.
The resort alone there is so much to do the view of the river is wonderful, everything is clean and its nice clost to the dells kohls and walmart for shopping cant wait to go back

Room Tip: If your looking for a family hotel this is the place other then the wilderness where they pack u in...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank jayme B

Reviewed November 10, 2011

My family has been visiting Chula now for the past 4 years. We have stayed in a variety of rooms from the standard 2 queen bed; to the African themed suite. For our last visit in October, we stayed in a golf villa. This room was slightly larger than a standard room, but it had all the kitchen anemities that you need (fridge, dishwasher, microwave, plates, cups, silverware, etc.). This was great because we were able to keep costs down by making our own breakfasts and some lunches. The villas are far enough away from the waterpark to need a shuttle (because we have small kids), but the wait was always only a few minutes (even on the busy weekend). Even though it was a busy Halloween weekend, we didn't find the waterpark too overcrowded. They did a great job planning Halloween activities as well. Free DVD rentals was great for winding down a busy day. Staff in all areas continue to be helpful and friendly. Even though it was pretty cold at night, we visited the outdoor hot tub in the back of the golf villas. We can't wait to visit again soon!

Room Tip: Golf villas are great if you want to save money and make some of your own meals
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 2, 2011

We have stayed here several times and had the all inclusive package. Over all it was a nice stay. The last time we stayed, we got hooked into a sales pitch for "THE CLUB". We were at our appointment early and were promised breakfast. Of course they over booked and couldn't take us to breakfast. After listening to the pitch for over an hour and a half, we said we were not interested. The "manager" was not too happy about that of course. We also said that had we have known, we would have had breakfast before we came ( we were inclusive). Nothing was done about that and we were treated rather poorly. Our advise..... Stay at Chula Vista, but Stay AWAY from the CLUB.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank Watertown_Traveler
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Took the kids (ages 10 & 8).. They loved it!! Especially "Flyin Mayan", the watercoaster. Stayed in a top jr suite for 4 nights. Balcony looked down on the Hot Springs, Kaminski Bros Chop House & the Wisconsin River. Beautiful view. The underground passageway to the waterpark was great, too. I've seen the Rick Wilcox show, but the Grand Illusions show @ Chula was better. At check-in, we received a coupon book, which gave us 2 pizzas @ 1/2 price, a discount on a ppv movie & 1/2 off an additional nights stay. So, of course we stayed the xtra night. Talk about 2 kids beingon top of the world! The only hitch was when I reserved the xtra night, I was told we had to move to another room for that night in the bldg furthest from the waterpark. What?? The staff did move our luggage, though. I will take the kids back next summer. Love the deals!!

Room Tip: Go for tower rooms, which have underground access to the indoor waterpark & arcade. The bldg als...
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank docyj
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Visited Chula Vista for a long weekend in August, 2011. This is a very nice property with a sprawing indoor/outdoor waterpark. Great for kids, but other than the golf course, not much there for adults. The property could really use an adult only pool or area for a break from the crowded "kid" filled pools and water slides. However, if your in the Dells, you likely have the kids in tow, so this is about as good as it gets. Several restaurants and bars in the complex. First rate golf course. Beautiful grounds on the Wisconsin River.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank FWG1887
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We stayed at Chula Vista in mid-October as friends of ours were getting married there. We drove right past the entrance due to the construction - and once we got on the right road we still weren't sure we were going the right way! It was VERY dusty, bumping and it wasn't clear which way to Chula Vista! We had no problem with check-in - I was glad I read other's reviews! I made sure I went online and saw the map to determine there were two different places to check-in - I would have gone to the wrong one if I hadn't! We arrived before noon and our room was ready - which was great because we wanted to spend a couple hours at the waterpark before the wedding. It was a very long walk to the waterpark from our tower room. The waterpark itself was ok. The lazy river didn't have nearly enough tubes - and it wasn't very crowded (which was nice), but there were always groups of people waiting for a tube to get on the river. We did a couple of the waterslides - I really wish there was some kind of description of the slides - when we got to the top we had no idea what line to get in - I kept asking kids to try to understand the different tubes. (I don't like dark tubes!) We only spent about an hour or two at the waterpark - it was very loud and not enough natural light. Also, the tubes and decor seems some repainting - it's looking worn.

Afterward we went back to our room to change and grab a bite to eat. The room was OK. The vanity was very small and 80's looking, right next to the door. I didn't like how there wasn't a bar of soap or anything - just pumps on the wall - it was dripping down and got my stuff soapy. We couldn't open the balcony door - as others have noted, there were TONS of bees!!! Too bad because it was a beautiful day and it would have been nice to sit out there and relax (even if it was a parking lot view).

We went to grab a bite to eat, and was disappointed the quick counter in the lobby was all pre-made sandwiches (I don't eat mustard or mayo and the girl working there wasn't willing to make me a plain sandwich) - so we ended up going to the bar and grabbing a sandwich. It was ok - but a little pricey. My husband and I split a chicken ceasar wrap, cheese curds, and 2 lemonades and the bill was $30.

After lunch we wanted to go for a walk - and I tried to rent a video from the machine in the lobby - but I couldn't figure out how to get it to work. It kept asking for a rental card - so I walked over to the front desk to ask about it and the line was crazy long! I couldn't find anyone to help me so I gave up. I did stop by one of the stores to buy some Advil - and paid $3 for 4 pills - that seemed excessive.

The wedding was very nice - they had the ceremony outside overlooking the river, and the reception was in a conference room on the lower level. The food was good and we had nice time.

The sleep quality of the beds was TERRIBLE! I was up all night because the bed was so hard and the matress leaned to the left.

We didn't do breakfast at the hotel- based on the reviews of the buffet - so went in town to Cracker Barrel instead.

Overall - the resort looks very nice from the outside, but it was lacking a little on the inside. We had a group rate on the room - but it seemed pricey for what we got. Other wedding guests complained that the price of the room was high considering they had no intentions of using the waterpark.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Christine K
Reviewed October 30, 2011

Prices at the bars and restaurants are outrageously over priced and the service in the bar was awefull. Waited over an hour for drinks nachos, pizza, and kids meal. Cost $80!!!! The next night in the bar numerous workers walked past us for 20 minutes without aknowledging us so we just left. The hotel itself and water park were nice. The grounds and setting was great! They seem to have a bee problem outside as there were dead or dying bees everywhere outside. My daughter got stung on the river walk. The Halloween activities were fine and the MONSTER BASH party was GREAT! Overall we would probably try staying there again now that we know what to expect. P.S The Pizza was very good at he bar despite the poor service. Some thing at this place were great some were very bad. Hopefuly they can fix the issues.

• Stayed: October 2011