We visited the Chula Vista this July for the third time. We booked at the last minute during one of the busiest weekends. I believe we got one of the last available rooms. All they had for us was a two bedroom condo. It was big and expensive for four people for a short stay, but this was the only weekend we could make the trip. We live near Chicago and really enjoy going to the Wisconsin Dells.
My family has been to the Dells several times. I really like the Chula Vista because of its location. It is right on the river. There is a beautiful view and a peaceful walking area. Our condo looked over the parking lot. Even so, we were on the top floor and I enjoyed seeing the hills in the morning. Many of the other water park resorts do not have this peaceful feel.
Our condo was great. Frankly we did not spend much time there nor did I cook. The fridge was nice for beverages and snacks. Since it was summer, we did not use the fireplaces (2) or the giant tub. The condo was very spacious.
The water park is a little smaller than some of the others in the Wisconsin Dells, but still has a lot of fun slides. My teenage boys are a little old for the water park, but they went a couple of times and had fun. Hint: go in the evening if the place is crowded. People with younger children take them to bed, so the lines at the water park are much shorter. We rode the Wisconsin Ducks during the day. This is always very fun.
The outdoor wave pool is for little kids. Still a restaurant and bar is located there next to the river. They had a ton of lounge chairs. I spent the afternoon there, read a book, and enjoyed the outdoors.
I know it was a busy weekend, but I felt the water park could have been run better. People had to scrounge for inner tubes. I wanted to go on the lazy river and there were no tubes. I went to the manager and he got me one, but I told him he needed many more. I counted. They only had 19 tubes in the lazy river including the one he got for me. I think they needed to repair the tubes, but did not have time to do this. When we had been to the Chula Vista before, there had been tons of inner tubes. I am hoping this is was a temporary problem.
We had eaten at the buffet restaurant previously for breakfast and it was quite good. We had dinner there once on this trip and it was horrible. I cannot describe how bad it was. Everything was fried. Nothing was fresh. They brought dessert to your table and that was bad. Since breakfast was included in our room price we had to eat there the next day. However, breakfast was wonderful. I had fresh fruit and a made-to-order veggie omelet. It was great. They did not serve doughnuts or a lot of pastry, but we did not need to eat this stuff. I would recommend you get the add-on for the breakfast with your room. I think it was $7 or $8 per person over the price of the room. I think this was a good deal since the breakfast included coffee and milk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chula Vista Resort and Waterpark is a complete resort experience in Wisconsin Dells with over 200,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor waterparks. Luxury comes standard in all of our guest rooms, suites and condominiums. Bring your clubs and challenge yourself on our 18-hole golf course. At Chula Vista, we invite you to laugh harder, splash bigger, stay longer and vacation better at Wisconsin Dells' most complete family resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Chula Vista Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chula Vista Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Chula Vista Theme Hotel
- Chula Vista Wisconsin Dells
- Hotel Chula Vista Theme