“Family vaca in the Dells!--would do it again!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Ambassador Inn & Suites

BEST WESTERN Ambassador Inn & Suites
Ranked #6 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
whiting, United States
“Family vaca in the Dells!--would do it again!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

We go to the dells every year for our sons birthday for a couple days. This year we stayed at the Best western. It was a good time, good deal, considering it was 4th of july week, and the breakfast was pleasantly surprising! The only complaint I had was the beds. My son tossed and turned all night, my sister slept on the sleeper sofa which was TERRIBLE and I had a stiff neck upon arrival, which was only made worse by the beds. CHANGE THE BEDS AND YOUR PLACE WILL BE EXCELLENT!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Jamie H, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Ambassador Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide our hotel with feedback from your recent stay. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, as well as our continental breakfast! We will definitely look into the issues you had with your bed and see what we can do to make sure all our guests get a good night’s sleep. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Bismarck, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

This hotel was very nice. Everything seemed to be well kept and clean, like the glass windows and doors. The front desk was friendly, however it was really hard to understand them as they had an accent. Check in was slow but that wasn't a problem as the rooms were super clean and so much better than other hotels. Breakfast was super hectic though! Woah! The hotel can't help it but still. Enjoyed my stay:)

Room Tip: 3rd floor!!
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide our hotel with feedback from your recent stay. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our hotel and your room exceeded expectations! We look forward to welcoming you back!
Sheboygan WI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

We stayed here on our annual trip to the Dells. The free breakfast was a big reason we tried this hotel and we were glad we did. We stayed on the third floor so we wouldn't have kids bouncing above us. To us this is common sense it is a water park destination so it is going to be crawling with kids. Very helpful staff and we really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide our hotel with feedback from your recent stay. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, as well as our continental breakfast and our updates! We are continually trying to improve our property to give our guests that best experience we can. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Machesney Park, Illinois, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

The internet wi-fi was either very slow or not working. The staff was unable to help with that. According to what we were told it was the internet provider service & it was supposedly working. Also, we were on the 2nd floor and the noise from the 3rd floor was annoying. There was a lot of running back & forth I assume by children. We have stayed at other hotels where we did not hear as much noise from other floors. But I can say that this hotel is clean & the beds were comfortable so it wasn't the worst we've stayed at.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide our property with feedback from your recent stay. Your input and the feedback from all our guests is vitally important to us. I want to apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations. I would like to apologize that you experienced difficulties with the Wi-Fi, as unfortunately, we were experiencing some problems with our Internet Service Provider due to an outage. We deeply regret the inconvenience this caused you during your stay. We would love to have you give us another chance and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Joliet, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

Very well maintained inside and out but unless you are on a top floor expect a lot of room noise. Can hear people walking in room above you and if they have kids jumping and playing it sounds like they are coming thru the ceiling. Room was very good size and very clean and beds were comfortable. Staff very friendly but check in was terrible. Four girls at check in desk and only one seemed to have a vague idea of what she was doing. All very slow and the girl that checked us in seemed to be more interested in listening to what the other girls were doing than checking us in. She wasn't the boss because every time one of them had a problem they called to a lady that would come out of a office to help them. I realize it's a large motel with many rooms but with four people handling check-ins you would think it would go a little quicker. it took us almost 20 minutes just to get checked in and then found out that they didn't know if our room was ready. Asked us to wait in the lobby while they checked and after about another 15 minutes I went back to the desk and had to ask if it was ready. the girl said it was so we finally got the key and went to our room. the rest of the staff seems very efficient but the front desk staff needs major improvements. There were probably 5 or 6 others waiting to check in and none of them sounded very happy either. Breakfast was average continental. Could tell most of the mini muffins, donuts and bagels were of the frozen variety. Did have waffle makers if you had the half hour or so to wait in line. For a Dells motel I think it ranks pretty good. Has a good location and would definitely stay again but would want a top floor room.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank TWD435
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide our property with feedback from your recent stay. Your input and the feedback from all our guests is vitally important to us. As a result of your great feedback, we will be definitely take a look at what improvements we can make at the Front Desk to make the check in process go more smoothly when there is a high demand. We look forward to welcoming you back!
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

Now keep in mind I know this is a Best Western, but the beds were hard, the rooms dated (dirty carpet) and the staff "meh" about everything. The only saving grace was the indoor pool, we didn't get to the outdoor pool because it was too chilly. We planned our trip last minute and it worked out to stay here, but I won't book here again.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide our property with feedback from your recent stay. Your input and the feedback from all our guests is vitally important to us. I want to apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations and we will share your comments with our staff and work towards improvements. We would love to have you give us another chance and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Frederick
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

I booked here because it was near the Wisconsin Dells attractions that we wanted to see. What a mistake. This place doesn't live up to the Best Western standards that their customers should be able to expect. The outside looks dirty even before you step in through the smudged glass, passing into the lobby. When we walked in there were two clerks standing there and neither one even looked up at us. I had to start talking to get the female to look up and check us in. I needed to use a computer immediately to transfer some money and the one that they have is right in the lobby and is dirty and greasy. Also, the internet doesn't come up, just an error message, so I had to get assistance even with that. When I went back to it later that night to check my emails, it wasn't working then either and I gave up. The next morning I once again tried to log on and got the same message so I gave up. Also, the next morning when hubby took a shower he announced to me that "the shower head is broken and to be careful if I took one." I told him to tell the front desk during breakfast, which he did, and told me that the clerk shrugged, said "Well, you're leaving. Let it break and then they'll fix it." Breakfast itself was an effort too. After a night of being woken up several times by yelling, slamming doors and clomping back and forth overhead from the guest above us, I was very cranky. I wanted breakfast and I wanted it fast so I could get back on the road for a 3.5 hour road trip that we had. I barely got my coffee and juice and a couple of tiny powdered donuts. There was a stampede in the area and with guests moving in every direction, grabbing seats, food and children, so I wolfed mine down and got out. Thank gosh it was only one night. Oh, and when I inquired about possibly staying an additional night (before seeing it), was told that "they were already overbooked for the next two nights." I looked on the Best Western website and there was clearly availability for those nights, The woman just wanted to get me off of the phone. That gives you an idea of their customer care.

Room Tip: My tip is to book at another property. I liked the Ramada Wisconsin Dells (separate review).
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Jamie H, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Ambassador Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide our property with feedback from your recent stay. Your input and the feedback from all our guests is vitally important to us. I want to apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations. I will definitely address your concerns with my staff as we pride ourselves on customer service and we want every guest to be treated with respect during their stay. We are looking into several ways to improve the breakfast experience for everyone. We would love to have you give us another chance and we look forward to welcoming you back.