“Surprise on the Lake!”

Cuisines: American, Gastropub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 4, 2014

This location has had a few different signs hanging out front in previous years. My wife and I never were here previously. We called to make a reservation (parties of 8 or more only)- but were reassured that for the two of us we would be seated at 8:00. We arrived a little after 7:30, found seats at the bar (which at this point we would have been happy eating there). Barstaff was great, made a hybrid concoction of a Martini for my wife which she loved, I'm simple and pleased they have a descent Bourbon selection.
Right before 8:00 we were seated outside, server greeted us promptly. She gave us a good overview of the menu, without being pushy. The menu has a little bit of an Asian influence but its not over the top. We started with the 4 jars app (don't ask just order it),
My wife anded up ordering another appetizer as her entree, I had a Lake Superior Whitefish blackened over hearty (not overtly whipped) potatoes. The Whitefish was truly cold fresh water Whitefish (the Whitefish term gets overused). We split a unique desert of baked cinnamon toast with chocolate spread (Sandwich?) that was tasty but not overly decedent.
I hope the current concept and menu survives. Its been difficult to find consistent fine dining on Lake Geneva.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

With an elderly looking for a late brunch in William bay. Just by chance to walk into this nice garden restaurant. But the food is totally over price. The scrambled egg was over cook, the harsh brown was bitter, the french toast was not totally done. For a small bow of salad, small scrambled egg, one piece french toast, small amend of harsh brown and 5 pieces of cut apple cost $14. If some one said it was not over price, please let me know.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

Oh my, why can't the Lake Geneva area get a decent restaurant? Shore Club is the 3rd restaurant to occupy the same space in as many years. And if my experience last night is any indication, this place will close in the next year or two and there will be another restaurant to take Shore Club's place. The menu is over priced, food is nothing great, service nothing special. I'll give it credit for brightening up the decor. I had the GRILLED CHICKEN ON ROSEMARY CIABATTA Avocado, Tomato, Feta, Hummus, Balsamic Syrup, EVOO for $13, my husband had 8 OZ. MISO SALMON Hoison-Buerre Rouge, Sesame Seeds, Togarashi for $27. It sure sounds fancy doesn't it? Guess again. When the server asks how do you want your salmon done and you tell her 3 times emphatically, well done all the way through, why does it arrive pink? She stood there while my husband put fork to fish, and as the pink, practically raw flesh fell to the plate, she looks at him and says, "too pink huh?" Umm yeah. So as the salmon was sent back to be cooked correctly, I ate my dry, tasteless, $13 chicken. So I'm finished and out comes the salmon. And BTW these sub par meals are served on white Crate and Barrel type platters! Yes literally platter size. Ridiculous all the way around. These people writing reviews must be impressed that this joint is operated by "...highly acclaimed, James Beard nominated Chef, Don Yamauchi, who relocated to the area from Detroit to open this restaurant..." Whatever. Don't get me wrong, if you are going to have a fancy, shmancy restaurant please be one! Lake Geneva area has its share of snobby people, so they must be super impressed to have Shore Club grace their little resort area. Sorry, give me good food and service, fancy or not, and I'll be back, just not to this place.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

As frequent visitors to Lake Geneva, we've grown weary of Lake Geneva restaurants. Most of them serve over-priced average food. Shore Club is a welcome addition -- the food was mostly good and appropriately priced.

The interior is lovely. Its comfortable, casual and has nice views of the lake. The rotating pictures of scenes of Lake Geneva on the tv screens is a nice touch.

Our server was friendly but not the most informed. She really pushed a couple of items including the hamburger as something special which isn't something we would normally order. We ended up ordering two different salads to start. Both were delicious and fresh.

I ordered the trio of tacos for my entree which was a nice opportunity to try three items on the menu. I enjoyed all three. The beans did arrive cool to the touch. After hearing about the amazing burger, my husband ordered it. He was really disappointed. He didn't think it was anything special and in fact thought it would have been better to have an ordinary burger. We overheard the table next to us and they had the same reaction. Perhaps the chef was having an off night with the burger. interestingly, when the next group came in, they were return visitors and suggested not ordering the burger. My husband wants to return and try something else.

My son enjoyed his kids meal.

I would like to go back to. The restaurant is good but it needs a few tweaks. I hope they succeed.

1  Thank travelbug34
Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

This is as good as we have had in the Lake Geneva area.

* friendly service
* very unique, well thought-out menu
* high quality delicious food
* overall atmosphere was good

The Friday fish special was very impressive (definitely not your normal fish fry) . The Korean tacos were also unique.