“Up close and personal with Lake Geneva”

Pier 290 Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Pier 290 Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 16 Restaurants in Williams Bay
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Walworth
Description: PIER 290 Restaurant is situated along the western shores of beautiful Lake Geneva, in the quaint village of Williams Bay, WI. A uniquely American restaurant focused on clean flavors, fresh ingredients, and attentive service. PIER 290 is a year round restaurant accessible by land, water, and ice with open air dining in the summer and cozy fire places both inside and out for the winter, all overlooking the waters of Lake Geneva.
Lake Zurich, Illinois
“Up close and personal with Lake Geneva”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Pier 290 was one of our "faves" during our most recent visit to the Lake Geneva area. They have a great, new covered outdoor facility, that opened up in May which is absolutely wonderful. The environment is beautifully situated lakeside with some of the best views! A very clean, beach/resort feel throughout. We only had the bar menu but the smoked chicken legs were awesome BUT very pricey @ $5 per leg.......they weren't big either. Drinks were decent and the service was awesome. Overall a really great experience if you want they feeling of being on "vacation" We have already made reservations to return!

1 Thank LuxeMama

Ocala, FL
“A mouse in the house”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

You are not going to believe this review, but it is true, I swear. We were out in our boat last week showing our company the beauty of Lake Geneva when we decided to have lunch at Pier 290. We were seated inside by the window overlooking Williams Bay. Beautiful.

My friend had gone to the restroom when her husband said, "There is a mouse! It fell from the air." I said where and he said, "Under the menu." That is about the time the menu began to move. Apparently the baby mouse had fallen from the open rafter above onto our table and ran under the menu. I stood up and dropped my bread plate on top of the menu trapping our uninvited guest. Our waiter, Tommy, came over to find out what happened (it made a loud noise when I dropped the plate). He didn't believe us at first until he heard the mouse squeaks. He said he was an old farm boy and would take care of it. He carefully wrapped the plate and menus up tightly and walked out the restaurant to let the baby rodent go into the neighborhood. I told you that you wouldn't believe this review.

We changed tables but asked that Tommy continue to be our waiter as he had handled the situation so well. My husband and I had the Fig, prosciutto, fontina salad, and our guests had the Caesar and spinach salads. They were tastey but not large for the $10 each. However, the restaurant did comp us our meals for putting up with the mouse in the house.

Pier 290 is 'the place to go' in Lake Geneva. But I don't think the food is up to the reputation. However, I can't say enough good things about our waiter, Tommy, and how he took care of the mouse.

6 Thank SpruceCreekOcala_FL
New Lenox, Illinois
“Great hide-away place”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Many locals don't even know about this place. The Lake Geneva historical documents and artifacts alone are worth the effort to stop here. Because of the location in Williams Bay it was a little tricky to find (just look for the large lake boats at the dock). Additional parking a few blocks away, but drop off right at the front door. Great outdoor bar, firepit and soft chairs with a lake view made for a romantic dining experience.

• Visited April 2014
chicago, illinois
“Return Visit - As Good as the First Time!”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We recently had dinner at Pier 290 after having had lunch there a year or two ago. We were very impressed then and we were equally impressed this time. It goes without saying that the setting and view are great. We sat outside on a warm late spring evening and thoroughly enjoyed the ambiance. As with our previous visit, the service was impeccable (and we were gratified to be able to score a table after arriving on a Saturday evening without a reservation - the staff was very accommodating of our party of two). The food was equally as good. The menu is diverse and creative, and the quality is exemplary. We will be returning whenever we are in Williams Bay.

san diego, ca
“Terrible food, went here on a friends recommendation.”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I made reservations at Pier 290 based on a recommendation of a friend. This was my first time in Lake Geneva for my sister's bachelorette party. My two sisters and I went to Pier 290 and the restaurant itself is beautiful right on the waters edge. I requested an outside table on my reservation but when we arrived they told us there was a special engagement outside and we could not sit there. I ordered the fish fry, so did my sister, and my other sister ordered the flank steak with fries and salad. We sent both of the fish fries back, they tasted like frying oil and the potato patties were not edible. The cole slaw seemed old. My sister ordered a burger thinking she could not go wrong but she also sent it back because it had no juice, it was hard, and the muffin it came on was burned. My other sister said the steak was just ok but the salad was dripping in vinegar dressing and she could not swallow it. For a restaurant this fancy that charges this much money I was very dissappointed and I will never go back. Too bad it was so bad because the restaurant itself is very nice with nice decor. The only part of our dinner that was good were the drinks.

2 Thank lovemyboston