“Nice stay in June!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Whitewater B&B and Inns
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Nice stay in June!”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Stayed here with my daughter, after picking her up at Orchestra Camp for UW Whitewater. They were flexible and let us get the keys early so we could hear the final concert, go out with friends and not have to hassle with meeting up. With a last minute web special, much cheaper than chain options in the area. We had the Renior room, queen bed and a shower. Worked well for what we wanted, a place to relax and stretch out our vacation. A nice b an b with a sitting area, great breakfast and cordial hosts. Small fridge on second floor with a communal fridge, microwave and complimentary beverages.
I enjoyed the hot breakfast and ordered a take out one for my teenage girl. Enjoyed reviewing the scrapbooks and history of the building. I recall that I was used as an office space when I was in college here in the late 80's.
Would definitely stay again- and next time, would like to see the tunnel on site that was used as part of the underground railroad.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank SmokeyGB
BandBInnkeeper, Owner at Hamilton House B&B, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking a few moments to share your experience at the Hamilton House. It is particularly a treat for me to see mothers and daughters traveling together, having the opportunity to spend time together as girls enjoying each others interests.

We try to provide options for breakfast styles and additional beds for just such cases when families travel to the area for events at our local University.

I look forward to your return visit. Unfortunately the tunnels are not available for viewing but we do have pictures we can show you.

Sweet Dreams!
Kathleen - Innkeeper

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Overall, any complaints I have about this place has nothing to do with how it is run. The owners do a fabulous job. It was clean, food was good. They are well organized. They are very appropriate in their familiarity with you and also the space they give you. I'm not the biggest fan of B&Bs in general. When I get away, I don't want to talk to other people, I want to stare at a wall or sleep. My husband and I work with people and sometimes I just want to go zone out. So that is me, not how this place is run. They have beverages and a microwave upstairs. And space to put food in a small fridge. Very thoughtful. Couldn't ask for nicer innkeepers.

The issues I had were minor. The window above our bed in the Pissarro room did not have light blocking drapes. I like a dark room and the light from the street bothered me. Then, drunk college kids yelling outside woke me at 2:30am. At least they had great books to go read downstairs. But I would encourage them to oil the doors. I didn't want to disturb anyone.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hope556
BandBInnkeeper, Owner at Hamilton House B&B, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for the feed back.

Knowing that not all of our guests prefer to partake of the traditional B&B breakfast in the dining room, we are considering alternative breakfast styles. Your comments are very timely. We are working towards providing more personalized, private dining options. Any suggestions on how to make the B&B experiences more personalized are always welcome. Currently we do offer several options for breakfast, including a private full breakfast delivered to you guest room anytime between 7am and 10:30am.

I appreciate the suggestion regarding room darkening drapes. The front rooms have room darkening blinds however; It is helpful to know the Pissarro room needs them as well. I will get my maintenance crew on the hinges and room darkening shades right away.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your comments. We are committed to enhancing the services provided by the Hamilton House as well as developing the way we communicate the flexibility of our standard practices.

Hamilton House
Somonauk, Illinois
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Our stay at the Hamilton House B&B was superb! From Kathleen's hospitality, to the wonderful homemade food for breakfast, to the luxurious bedding and relaxing in the whirlpool in our room, everything was fantastic! I can't say enough wonderful things about Kathleen and her B&B. The history of the house, the furnishings, the privacy, all the amenities made our stay a most enjoyable one. Please stay here if you want a wonderful weekend getaway! It is so worth it.
Just do it!

Room Tip: The Paul Cezanne room was excellent!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jhbookwoman
BandBInnkeeper, Owner at Hamilton House B&B, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for the kind words. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at the Hamilton House and your choice of the Cezanne room. I appreciate you taking the time to share a bit about your stay.

I am especially happy to see that you were pleased with the amenities and privacy. My goal is to tend to all the details and personalized service so my guests can enjoy private time together creating lasting memories.

I look forward to your next trip to Whitewater.

Kind regards,
Hamilton House
St Louis
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We arrived at the B&B to be welcomed by the owner, Kathleen, who was friendly and accommodating. When we went to check in she showed us our room, which was lovely, but told us that outside our room there was some carpentry work being done on the porch and that it may be a little noisy. She kindly offered us another room away from the noise, which was an upgrade, and at no extra cost to us. Then, in addition to that, she brought our breakfast right to our room, which was over and above the call of duty! When we paid at the time of check in, she also informed us that we would be receiving a discounted rate because we reserved our room on line (which we did not even know about)! The rooms were impeccably clean, and tastefully decorated. Both of the rooms we stayed in had a fireplace, a separate bathroom, a shower, and a whirlpool tub. Shampoo and body wash were provided in a dispenser, which was a great idea. Some B&B's have the tiny bottles, which are ok, however, they are more trash for our environment and I like to leave less of a "footprint" if I can. Other B&B's have a regular bottle of shampoo and body wash, which just feels unappealing to "share". The dispenser was the perfect solution. Kathleen scheduled a massage for me, which was wonderful. The therapist came right to my room and it was one of the best massages I have ever experienced. There were lots of special touches, for instance, freshly made sangria in the afternoon, fresh flowers, bath salts, a very comfortable bed with quality linens and wonderful pillows, a docking station for an I phone, beautiful furnishings, luxurious towels, robes, individual coffees, cold drinks and access to a mini fridge if we wanted to bring in wine or something to keep refrigerated. Kathleen was eager to share with us all of the ins and outs of our stay, as well as recommending places to visit, and yet not be intrusive and allow us to just relax. She recommended a winery and bistro where we had a lovely lunch and a fabulous, trendy restaurant called "the Black Sheep" for dinner that exceeded many of the better Chicago area restaurants. We had the privilege of enjoying three gourmet breakfasts during our stay, all serving fresh fruit, local meats, delicious juices, coffee, and a delectable entree. The stuffed French toast was my absolute favorite! Sunday, Kathleen even served dessert after breakfast! The serving sizes were perfect, just enough of everything, and not gluttonous portions. Jim joined us Sunday morning and shared the rich history of the mansion including some very fascinating stories of tunnels entering and leaving the building that were part of the Underground Railroad. All in all it was a lovely experience. We frequent B&B's often, and have high expectations and a wide variety of experiences upon which we can compare. And we are very honest in our reviews. So when we give it a "thumbds up" you can be assured that it was a very positive experience.

Room Tip: All of the rooms were inviting!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ann B
BandBInnkeeper, Manager at Hamilton House B&B, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review of your stay at the Hamilton House. Future guests will find it very helpful. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your in room massage. We enjoy being able to provide the added value of having the massage therapist come right to your room. A massage followed by an afternoon nap is a little piece of heaven.

Jim and I look forward to your return visit.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

We had the BEST time at the Hamilton House in Whitewater, WI! This place was immaculate and we felt right at home on our weekend getaway! This is a great place to stay if you are going to Alpine Valley Music Theater.. Its an easy 25 to 30 minute drive to the theater. We really appreciated Kathleen's (the innkeeper) suggestions on local restaurants, hiking and entertainment. She was so knowledgeable and you can tell that she really loves her work. The house was full when we were there, but was so quite it seemed that we were the only guests when in our room. Some of the other guests commented that it was one of the quietest places they have ever stayed. I really only booked this place because it was close to Alpine, but we had such a peaceful weekend, we're planning to go back just for fun!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Julieka11
BandBInnkeeper, General Manager at Hamilton House B&B, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the kind words in your review. I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay, especially after booking for convenience to Alpine Valley. It is my goal to provide a quiet, peaceful respite for our guests. It is great to hear that we were able to create that space for you during your getaway. I look forward to your next visit, just for fun.

Sioux Falls
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I chose the Hamilton House as our home away from home when we went to the Dave Matthews Band concert at Alpine Valley. Kathleen, the innkeeper, was incredibly welcoming and helpful with suggestions for dinner and area attractions. We loved our room--very clean, plenty of space, romantic fireplace and jetted tub, and super comfortable bed. We also liked that the house was quiet and the breakfasts were delicious!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Cezanne room. The bed (queen size, I think) was very comfortable and we loved the j...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RKring
BandBInnkeeper, Owner at Hamilton House B&B, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing a bit of information to future inn-goers.

I am pleased to read your found the inn quiet. We make every effort to provide a quiet, relaxing space for couples to spend time together.

While the Cezanne room currently has a full sized bed, not a queen, it does have the best jetted tub and I particularly like that the fireplace can be seen from the the bed; great for cuddling up in the winter months. I appreciate your comment about the hand held shower. We are currently researching ways to add a standard shower to this tub. Hopefully it will be in place at your next visit.

Illinois
Reviewed June 11, 2013

The Hamilton House was our first bed and breakfast experience and it exceeded our expectations. Hospitality is the main theme from the innkeepers, Kathy and Jim. Kathy had great suggestions about things to do in the local area and did a fantastic job at making sure we had everything we needed for an enjoyable trip. We were so fascinated by the history of the house that Jim shared over breakfast Sunday morning - the stay is worth it to learn more about that home.

The Hamilton House was beautiful and well-kept. The deck was a great place to relax while watching the birds and checking out the flowers. Our bed was very comfortable. We had everything in our room we could have needed. We enjoyed meeting the other guests over breakfast and in the parlor.

So glad to see people living their dream, like the owners of this bed and breakfast. When someone is passionate about what they are doing, it becomes obvious to those who get to experience it!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Monet - very roomy and comfortable.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nicole W
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share a few details about your recent stay at the Hamilton House. Your Comments will be very helpful to future guests.

PS, I love to get first time B&Bers! Thanks for picking us to be your first B&B. I look forward to your return visit.

Kathleen - Innkeeper
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whitewater
Baymont Inn & Suites Whitewater
#1 of 15 in Lake Geneva
The Ridge Hotel
The Ridge Hotel
#3 of 15 in Lake Geneva

Been to Hamilton House B&B? Share your experiences!