“The Sweet Spot at Whitewater Country Club”
Review of The SweetSpot Cafe

The SweetSpot Cafe
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Whitewater
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery
Description: Nestled into the historic Whitewater Hotel building since 2006, The SweetSpot Cafe has become Whitewater's premier destination for a hot breakfast, fresh pastries, delicious deli sandwiches and salad, and the best coffee and specialty drinks in town. With a warm, inviting atmosphere, The SweetSpot is a busy hotspot for daytime gatherings of every sort and a popular destination for studying students.
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Whitewater Country Club is a beautiful nine hole golf course that recently opened to the public. The food service is provided by the Sweet Spot of Whitewater on Friday nights and special occasions. The Friday night event is usually well attended and deservedly so. The Sweet Spot is a fine cafe, located in downtown Whitewater but its relationship with Whitewater County Club is wonderfully fortuitous for both.

The Friday night dinner is a traditional Wisconsin fish fry with a limited additional menu, usually including prime rib, light meat or chicken and vegetarian. The food is excellent and portion sizes are very filling but quite sensible. Prices are very reasonable. Desserts are extraordinary - that's how the Sweet Spot earns its name and reputation.

It is best to call for a reservation since there have been nights that have been incredibly busy and the Whitewater Country Club dining room with new, comfortable seating has beautiful views of a mature golf course.

There are newer reviews for The SweetSpot Cafe

Reviewed May 28, 2013

My families favorite spot for a weekend breakfast and for lunches. Cupcakes are amazing, we always have to try the new flavor of the month, and they even make and sell Pupcakes for your favorite furry friend. It is a favorite coffee shop for the college students, even though are several other coffee shop options on campus.

I love their pies, and am about to order a bd cake for my mother-in-law's big birthday celebration.

ThenSweetSpot has been the perfect addition to the Whitewater area.

Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

The coffe is good and the price is good. It just takes too long to get your cup of coffee when that is your only item you ordered.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I love all the gluten-free options! The place was busy and I didn't have time to stay and eat but I knew that it was a must-stop due the reviews. I would recommend this place because of their variety. Tasty cupcakes and soup! Prices aren't bad either.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I really enjoy SweetSpot and it is a regular weekend visit for me. It was a standard coffeehouse until the food and pastry section were vastly upgraded in the past few years. Now it is a great place to order a morning panini or a full sandwich for lunch along with that drink. This is also where the locals go for cupcakes or a sweet treat. Service is friendly but the wait can be long. Drinks are above average. Question for the owners. Why are the wooden stirrers shorter than your large cup? You can’t reach the bottom without putting your fingers in the cup. They are useless for stirring anything other than cream. They also need to replenish the cinnamon more frequently as it seems to be out quite often. These are minor inconveniences in an otherwise great place to have some food and drink.

1  Thank FriendofPabu
lamariem, Owner at The SweetSpot Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2012

Thank you so much for your nice review. I'm glad you have enjoyed all of our recent additions! I'm glad you find the long wait worth it, we are working on ways to expedite service but somedays we just have so many customers to serve. :)
The stir sticks are a serious annoyance for us too and I apologize. We used to have long ones and our distributor discontinued them. We have been trying to source new ones and I will make it a priority now that I know it's as problematic for our customers as it is for us. Also, I will make sure that stocking the cinnamon get s put on our daily check sheet. Maybe a larger vessel is in order.
Thanks again for your review! We appreciate your business!