“Best hot roast beef ever”

Pioneer Family Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Westfield
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 1, 2012

We stopped here on our way back from Madison, Wi for dinner one evening and were pleasantly surprised. They specialize in a hot roast beef sandwich that is home made and seasoned perfectly. They give you a choice of a small or a large order. Take my advice and get the small one. I ordered the large order and could barely eat half of it. My wife had a BLT and
she said it was also one of the best she had had in years.
Our waitress was very friendly and the decor is really kind of neat with lots of antiques on the
walls, etc.

Reviewed May 6, 2012 via mobile

I've been eating at the Pioneer for over 20 years but I will never go back again. I've noticed that the food quality had gone downhill over the last 5 years or so but still would go there since many of the waitresses are very nice and try hard. This morning I decided to take my wife and two children there to surprise my mother and her after church group of friends. I figured this would be a nice morning since I rarely get to have a nice breakfast with my mom. We walked in and were greeted by the owner, a female whose name escapes me. I looked over to where my mother's group was--the two tables they had pushed together were full--and asked if we could push another table up to them. The open table was about 3 feet away and would only needed to have been rotated 90 degrees and moved the 3 feet. It would not have been in the way nor would it have created any hazards, it simply would have allowed us to enjoy breakfast with mom and her friends. The owner responded to my request with a quick and loud, "NO", which was unexpected. I asked why we couldn't put one more table together and she stated rudely, "Because the owner says so". Then the food we got was not even close to good. So after spending the entire breakfast with my back to my mom and consoling my sad 7 and 4 year olds, I am resolved to not only never go back, but to share my experience with the rest of the world. They lost a lifelong customer forever.

2  Thank apgwi
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Food is good, inexpensive, and service is very fast. This is a very popular stop off of I39 going North, so it does get busy at times.

2  Thank nextbest
Reviewed March 28, 2012

The food is good, and expect to eat very well here. Portions are generous! Service is always prompt. Kids get to pick a treat after the meal (sugary candy or crackers available).

Reviewed February 4, 2012

The restaurant is located right off Interstate 39/51 at the Westfield exit going south . Serves breakfast to late dinners. It has more of a "locals" meeting place, but each time we've been there I've seen lots of families. Service is good, menu has lots of items to choose from. Food is good and staff is friendly.