“Beautiful house, wonderful welcome & excellent brekfast”
Review of Westby House Inn

Westby House Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Westby B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 29, 2009

Get the best bedroom you can afford, especially if staying more than one night

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank USfan077

Reviewed September 6, 2009

What a wonderful Victorian B and B. The level of cleanliness was absolutely wonderful.
I having been a maid in hotels in my life know when things are cleaned in haste and this was not this was cleaned very in a very detailed way...the bathroom had these really cool full containers of organic herbal products which she sells and you use on the honor system. That made it feel like home :)
The continental breakfast had all this fresh fruit and wonderful yummy milk in a old fashion glass container and tons of cereal. It was so cozy and I was so tried I crashed and watched Hitchcock movies on a great selection of cable ( rare in a rural area I thought with such hills) and it was enough food for dinner and breakfast. The owner is an awesome cook she made these homemade crumpets ( she runs a restaurant as well that is open to the public on certain days for lunch). Those crumpets were so good I can still taste them. Next time I go I will stay in the main house just to experience the awesome tubs to soak in :)
I stayed in the loft stye add on rooms that are adjacent to the house mine was the Scandinavian room which was wonderfully cozy and had an awesome winding staircase. It was really cute except is had a mini couch that did not fold out so you could really relax too much on it to watch the tv that was my only complaint. However I only wanted to watch cause a good movie was on otherwise I am not into TV.
The owners ( I met the wife) was very friendly without being nosey or intrusive and the house is decorated so beautifully. The old photographs of the history of the family and the owner's readiness to share stories was really something I appreciated...She was so nice and told me all the ares I was welcome to explore and use to sit in like the outside garden..It was beautifully taken care of. I was amazed that there was not a staff of 12 doing all of this work...You must go to this town the people were so friendly here. I would love to go in the fall I can imagine how beautiful it would be...Such a awesome place..well worth every penny!!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business

Friendly inn keepers.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dkc2001
Reviewed August 31, 2009

Westby House is a gem! The house is beautiful and is lovingly cared for. The rooms are period styled and VERY comfortable and soooo clean! The ambiance is so inviting and comfy. Mike and Marie are very gracious hosts too...and the breakfasts are to die for. Mmmm, still thinking of the yummy warm scones! I highly recommend a stay here. Enjoy!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2009

This was one of the best run B&B's we have stayed at. The attention to detail was really nice. It was nice to have a loiunge area right in the room, we really felt at home.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2009

We went to Westby for the Syttende Mai celebration & spent a romantic weekend in the Westby House - conveniently located a half block from the main street, and next door to their coffee shop (where you can get a light lunch, or you can eat in the atmospheric lunch restaurant right in the Westby House!). Our bed was SOOO comfy. The yummy breakfast kept us going on our 3 hour canoe ride down the nearby Kickapoo river. The Fried Banana French toast was to die for! Our room was lovely and romantic.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2008

The Westby House has everything anyone could want in a B&B getaway! The rooms were the largest my husband I have ever experienced during out stays in over 30 B & Bs in the course of 10 years.
We reserved the Tower Suite. The living room and bedroom were huge, comfy, and took you back to a former time and a different life. Additionally, the fall colors were vibrant and spectacular, though about 1 week from peak.
Mike and Marie, innkeepers, were well versed in what to see and do in the area, and were conscientious about accommodating my many food allergies when considering what to prepare for breakfast. These are experienced innkeepers who run things smoothly and efficiently.
I would not recommend the Tower Suite for anyone who has difficulty with mobility. The bathtub has an unusually high step in and out of it. The bathroom itself is rather small in comparison to the room, but did not pose a problem other than the height of the tub.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Westby House Inn? Share your experiences!