“Last minute accommodations - first rate service”
Review of Westby House Inn

Westby House Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Westby B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 8, 2014

What a wonderful place to stay! We made late reservations at the Westby House Inn for the state track meet in LaCrosse. Marie allowed us to check in early before we went to the meet and we were on our way. The house is beautiful and era appropriate. We stayed in the Garden room which was perfect for us. The chocolate chip cookies were a great treat when we got back late. The morning breakfast was delicious! Fresh fruit, warm banana walnut bread, and monte crisco french toast. Marie even prepared some fresh fruit for our daughter to take with us. This is a beautiful B & B and the owners are fabulous hosts. I highly recommend the Westby House Inn if you are looking for a place to stay in the region.

Room Tip: Look at the photos of the rooms to find the one that is best for you. We didn't hear any noise...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 4reuks
MRCGAL, Owner at Westby House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Last minute reservations worked in this situation since the state track meet participants find out last minute that they are competing. We can book up 2-3 weeks inadvance, so once you know you are coming to this wonderful part of Southwest Wisconsin and what to stay here, check our availability on our web site, or call us right away. Like any good thing, "here today, gone tomorrow"! So book as soon as you can.
We are so happy we could accommodate our guests and knowing they will recommend us and maybe return is the icing on the cake, even if it was a last minute stay.

There are newer reviews for Westby House Inn

Reviewed May 20, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Westby House Inn for our 28th Anniversary and we enjoyed it very much! Beautiful old charm, romantic, cozy and welcoming! Marie serves wonderful breakfasts and a great hostess! The rooms are immaculate and the gardens beautiful! We loved watching the Syttende Mai parade from the front porch! Also, it is close to the Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe, where we attended a Marian Coronation and reflection day with Fr. Rocky from Relevant Radio! We will be back for sure!

Room Tip: we stayed in garden room, very cozy but small faces roof and parking lot!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Our family reserved 4 rooms for one night and were ever so pleased with our choice of the Westby House Inn. The owners have paid great attention to detail, ensuring a comfortable and welcoming stay. The food was excellent and the availability of early morning coffee on our floor was an unexpected treat. While each room was different and charming, the Tower room is truly magnificent and made me wish we could have spent more time just enjoying it. Thank you Marie & Mike!

Room Tip: We were a bit concerned by the noise from a Harley rider on the street below our room, the Tower sui...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 4, 2014

This was my second visit to the Westby House. I was in town for a funeral. Marie, the owner, was so wonderful about making me feel comfortable and sympathic. I stayed in the Garden room and it had just about everything and anything I could want or need during my stay. The room was exceptionally comfortable and clean. I could have stayed there forever. My breakfast was also wonderful - Marie is a great cook. I would highly recommend the Westby House to anyone visiting this western Wisconsin region.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
MRCGAL, Owner at Westby House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others who are looking for overnight accommodations in the Westby area. Your kind words are very much appreciated.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

What a lovely surprise to not only have a beautiful room but a very comfortable one! My husband who just turned 80 and has such a bad back was able to enjoy not only the comfortable bed but the room also had a recliner!!!!! We'll certainly be back and the breakfast put the crowning glory to a lovely stay....Thanks so much!!! Bobbye & Gary

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Bobbye S
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I LOVE this place. I have stayed here monthly for more than two years. I adore the Westby. I have stayed in almost all of the rooms. My favorite is the "Tower". You every need is taken care of. DVD player, TV, refrigerator, coffee, tee, cider available all the time. The hosts are the two most wonderful people you would ever want to meet. They are welcoming, happy, vivacious and energetic. I am very fond of them. The beds and pillows are the most comfortable I have stayed in in all my travels. I travel quite a bit. Breakfast is delicious.

The house is beautifully appointed and seasonally decorated. Too cute. I love the old wood work and the beauty of each room. The owners take great pride and work very hard to make this the most amazing place to stay.

I forgo staying in Viroqua and drive the extra mile or two to stay here. Nothing in Viroqua could possibly come close to being as nice as the Westby and the price is absolutely reasonable and the same as it would cost to stay any other place in Viroqua.

Don't miss coming here. It is romantic, beautiful, relaxing and comforting. Truly the top of the top and the best of the best.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank onelove1234
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I was on a business trip to Westby earlier this year and had the great opportunity to stay at the Westby House Inn. After a long day of traveling I arrived at the Inn and was graciously greeted by the owner~Marie. She was very informative of local attractions and eateries, Marie also recommended a local therapist for Reflexology~Pam Marshall-Neil, which was wonderful, and I would highly suggest!! The Inn was beautifully decorated and I loved the theme rooms, breakfast was amazing, and a first for me to have rhubarb juice, Marie is an great cook and hostess. I will definitely return to the Westby House Inn on future travels.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westby
Old Towne Motel
#1 of 20 in La Crosse
Hampton Inn & Suites La Crosse Downtown
GrandStay Hotel & Suites La Crosse
Settle Inn & Suites La Crosse

Been to Westby House Inn? Share your experiences!