“Nice stay”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in West Salem
Lyndon Station
“Nice stay”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

This was a very nice stay for us, as always with Americinn our room was clean and we had a quiet comfortable nights sleep.I wish I had gotten the young man's name that checked us in on 4/27/13 as he was very courteous and went out of his way to make sure our stay would be nice.He was even there bright and early the next morning checking people out and was constantly checking on the breakfast items to make sure they were hot and well stocked-was very impressed with what he did.We would stay here again when we get back up in this area

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Aurora, Illinois
Reviewed April 29, 2013

The motel was warm, welcoming, spotless, and professional. We had great service, a great room and the whole staff was helpful. However, Matt stands out. He was warm, polite, professional, and helpful. The breakfast was great, especially since free. We stay in our travel trailer a lot, however we will stay here gladly for the times we can't camp. Awesome stay!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 13, 2013

This is the second Americinn I have visited in as many months, and both times I have been so pleasantly surprised by their staff. They seem to take a lot of pride in their customer service, and are always willing to go the extra mile to make you feel at home. On a long trip where I'm in a different hotel almost every night, this really makes an impression.
The hotel itself is lovely; there's a great pool area, with a sauna and hot tub (adults only swim from 11-midnight!!), as well as a nice open lobby, where coffee and tea are always available. I didn't take part in the breakfast, but it looked substantial for a free one. The room was spacious, and felt very clean.
The only issue was with check-out -- our group had requested a late check-out, but were called early in the morning to tell us that only half of us would be able to stay in the rooms for the extra hour. Minor, but worth mentioning.
Overall, I felt very well taken care of, and would most definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Brooklyn Park
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I stayed for 2 nights in March 2013. This location is a very typical AmericInn, which is good because you can always depend on a clean, quiet and comfortable stay. I really like the upgraded beds and pillows. The staff was very helpful, giving good advise on area restaurants and having menus available, which definitely improved my dining experience while there. When I asked for a late check-out, the front desk person quickly said okay without asking any questions. One improvement I'd recommend is more variety at breakfast, but I may just feel that way because I had been eating AmericInn breakfast food all week. Otherwise a great stay, and a fair value, even without a AAA discount.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Cary, Illinois
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I am originally from the LaCrosse Area. I love staying at the Americinn. The staff are so very nice and always very helpful. I always book rooms at this hotel. Never think twice.Close to the interstate and a short drive to LaCrosse. Shopping and Restaurants are also conveniently close.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Diane814
Oak Creek, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed December 23, 2012

We stayed there while visiting family who lived in the area. Our kids loved the pool and we enjoyed the hot tub. The rooms were Very clean and welcoming, even the bread at the wonderful breakfast was individually wrapped. Many nice homey touches! Books and toys in the lobby, rocking chairs.... Will stay there again when in the area.

Room Tip: face west, view of mountain and trees
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
La Crosse
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Good location, easy on/off the interstate. Plenty of well lit parking. Front desk staff was wonderful at check in. Room and lobby clean and well furnished. Fitness center is off premisis- about a mile away. I did not use the pool, but it appeared clean and tidy. Breakfast is typical pre-prepared biscuits and gravy, boiled eggs etc. I would highly recommend Americinn, however if on a tight budget, there are less expensive places in the LaCrosse area. You get what you pay for.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Salem
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - La Crosse
AmericInn Hotel & Conference Center La Crosse - Riverfront
Hampton Inn Lacrosse Onalaska
Settle Inn & Suites La Crosse
Hampton Inn & Suites La Crosse Downtown
Microtel Inn by Wyndham Onalaska/La Crosse

Been to AmericInn Hotel & Suites West Salem? Share your experiences!