“Service is worst I've ever had”
Review of Emilys - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Emilys
West Bend, Wisconsin
“Service is worst I've ever had”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We have been going to Emily's for a while and each time it seems like the service is worse. Once we waited 20 minutes for the waitress to take our drink order. 20 minutes later we received our two sodas and she took our order; it wasn't even crowded. Don't count on getting a refill before you leave.

Fish fry is excellent. Burgers are big and delicious. Service is awful.

If you go, expect to spend at least two hours there. Expect to wait at least 10 minutes for the waitress to get you a simple soda from the bar 20 feet away. She will make an excuse that it is busy, but if you watch her she will be chatting it up at the bar while you wait. When you finally get your drink, ask for a refill right away so it comes on time.

If they fixed this I would go every week. Haven't been back since valentines day. Place was half full and it took them 2.5 hours to complete our dinner service. I used to go weekly.

Finally, get rid of the stupid cigar lounge. Could sit so many more people if you got rid of that and expanded the dining area

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank JohnQ613

Wales
“Homemade, Homemade, Homemade”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We stopped here for a weekday lunch and were very happy we did. We have been here for dinner and fish fry, but not lunch. We had a manhatten and a large Bass Ale tapper which cost $10, very reasonable. Since it was a Friday, the soup special was their homemade clam chowder, loaded with clams with a touch of dill. Very rich and satisfying. One of us had a BLT which had nice healthy slices of tomato and a generous portion of bacon. It came with homemade potato chips. I had the raspberry orange salad with pine nuts, blue cheese and chicken with a raspberry vinigarette. It was very good. They have a large selection of of tap beers and a separate room for cigar affectionados. Wednesday is Mexican night at Emily's, Tuesday is the liver and onions another reviewer appreciated, Thursday is fried chicken, Friday is fish, baked or fried cod and Saturday is, what else in Wisconsin, prime rib. And did I mention all their soups are homemade?

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Tucker1575
Wisconsin
“Found a keeper”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I am very picky, and always on the lookout for a good fish fry. When I decided to get a fish fry, none of the places I have already gone to were on my list to visit again (although AJ Obrady in Menomonee Falls is pretty good). I like my cod in a crispy light batter with a bit of lemon, not too thick, and potato pancakes with applesauce. I like an 'all you can eat' because I don't like coleslaw, caraway rye, tartar sauce or potatoes any other way.
Emily's is a 'corner bar' atmosphere about a mile west of Hwy 60 on Scenic (right between 41 and 45). Got there before 5 and got a table right away but it started filling up very quickly. Service great, food came quickly, and I ate my potato pancakes immediately and they were very good. I then ate the fish which was still hot and the crispy breading even held up to all of the lemon juice I squirted on it. Fish was very good, and there was three nice pieces and did not have to ask for seconds. All in all, out of the 20 places or so I have eaten fish in the northern suburbs of Milwaukee, this one is best. I would go back anytime.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank gkaufmann_com
Hartford, Wisconsin, United States
“Try the specials”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My favorite is the Liver and Onions. Try and find some better, anywhere. Great burgers too. Guinness on tap.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Fred W
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Best fish fry in Washington co”
Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

I frequently stop in here on Friday nights! Fish fry is amazing and it's all you can eat. Always hot and fresh and never soggy or greasy! A must try for everyone. Once you do this will be the only place you will go for fish!

2 Thank Bucky_Badger51