“Homemade, Homemade, Homemade” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Wales
“Homemade, Homemade, Homemade”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

We stopped here for a weekday lunch and were very happy we did. We have been here for dinner and fish fry, but not lunch. We had a manhatten and a large Bass Ale tapper which cost $10, very reasonable. Since it was a Friday, the soup special was their homemade clam chowder, loaded with clams with a touch of dill. Very rich and satisfying. One of us had a BLT which had nice healthy slices of tomato and a generous portion of bacon. It came with homemade potato chips. I had the raspberry orange salad with pine nuts, blue cheese and chicken with a raspberry vinigarette. It was very good. They have a large selection of of tap beers and a separate room for cigar affectionados. Wednesday is Mexican night at Emily's, Tuesday is the liver and onions another reviewer appreciated, Thursday is fried chicken, Friday is fish, baked or fried cod and Saturday is, what else in Wisconsin, prime rib. And did I mention all their soups are homemade?

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Tucker1575

Wisconsin
“Found a keeper”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

I am very picky, and always on the lookout for a good fish fry. When I decided to get a fish fry, none of the places I have already gone to were on my list to visit again (although AJ Obrady in Menomonee Falls is pretty good). I like my cod in a crispy light batter with a bit of lemon, not too thick, and potato pancakes with applesauce. I like an 'all you can eat' because I don't like coleslaw, caraway rye, tartar sauce or potatoes any other way.
Emily's is a 'corner bar' atmosphere about a mile west of Hwy 60 on Scenic (right between 41 and 45). Got there before 5 and got a table right away but it started filling up very quickly. Service great, food came quickly, and I ate my potato pancakes immediately and they were very good. I then ate the fish which was still hot and the crispy breading even held up to all of the lemon juice I squirted on it. Fish was very good, and there was three nice pieces and did not have to ask for seconds. All in all, out of the 20 places or so I have eaten fish in the northern suburbs of Milwaukee, this one is best. I would go back anytime.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank gkaufmann_com
Hartford, Wisconsin, United States
“Try the specials”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

My favorite is the Liver and Onions. Try and find some better, anywhere. Great burgers too. Guinness on tap.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Fred W
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Best fish fry in Washington co”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

I frequently stop in here on Friday nights! Fish fry is amazing and it's all you can eat. Always hot and fresh and never soggy or greasy! A must try for everyone. Once you do this will be the only place you will go for fish!

2 Thank Bucky_Badger51
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Keep on Driving”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

This is a run-down restaurant which survives only on the pity of locals. The majority of the seats are folding chairs, the service is poor and it smells of smoke. The sandwiches were bland and nothing worth writing about. Save your money - McDonald's has better food.

• Visited October 2012