“Should be renamed to El Bland-O”
Review of El Tapatio DE Jalisco - CLOSED

El Tapatio DE Jalisco
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

Looked nice, but lots of flies bothering all the tables. Waitress acted as though she was a zombie with not even a smile. Now to the food nice menu, price was low, however absolutely no flavor. Will not return on service and most importantly food.

1  Thank DisneyNut4

Reviewed May 12, 2012

My wife and I stopped for dinner on a Friday night to find the restaurant busy, as usual. We were ushered to a table as soon as we arrived and quickly given salsa and chips. It took over 5 minutes before anyone arrived to take an order for drinks.

I don't know if our waitress was new or if she didn't want to walk to the bar on the other side end of the restaurant but she was not aware that the restaurant severed several Mexican beers on tap. The bottled beer was located much closer to the dining area.

A few minutes after ordering we received our drinks and placed our order for dinner. We ordered guacamole which always seems to be very fresh and tasty. It was gone in a few minutes. Very good stuff!

Dinner arrived about 10 minutes after we placed our order. It was served hot, looked good and smelled great. We were hungry and dug right in. My wife always orders the same thing as she finds it’s prepared perfectly and tastes great! I like to try something new each visit and ordered tacos prepared a bit differently than the standard. I asked for shredded chicken. After eating for several minutes I realized that I had not located any chicken, only melted cheese. But it was so good I wasn't complaining.

A few minutes later the waitress arrived to announce she had given me the wrong order. Although I was almost finished with my entree she asked if I wanted what I ordered. I told her I enjoyed what I ate and there was no need to switch now.

We finished our meals and could have enjoyed another drink but no waitress was in sight. We waited another 5 minutes and looked around for a waitress but no one seemed to care about our table. Finally the hostess on the other side of the dining area saw us looking around and came to the table. I told her we'd like our check.

I was surprised the bill listed the food we ate not the food we ordered. Was it corrected or did the waitress write down the wrong order from the start?

In the end the food was very good with great variety on the menu. Prices are reasonable. Even the service was what I experienced on my last trip to Cancun Mexico.

We'll be back many more times for great Mexican cuisine!

1  Thank DetailsByBill
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Parillada - that is the dish you should try if you go here. The waitstaff will bring out a raised tray with a heating element, on which will be cooking chicken, ribeye, peppers, onions, pork, more steak. This is served with tortillas, rice, and beans - it smells delicious, and tastes even better. Hint: an order for one will serve two people with average appetites. When we order this, people usually point, and at least one person per meal will ask us what this is... :) They also have good chile rellenos, huevos a la mexicana, and very good salsa (i like the "hot", which isn't so much but gives a nice spiciness). Chips are fresh and made on premises. Margaritas are so-so.
Remember, parillada... :)

Reviewed September 28, 2011

Large menu of pretty standard Mexican Fare. Nothing special, but not disappointing either. Average quality meals and variety. Fun, family friendly atmosphere. Plenty of seating. Location in Downtown West Bend is very walkable, with nearby free parking both on- and off-street. A place that I would return to, but not do anything special to stand out.

Reviewed January 30, 2011

Guaged the strength of the tequila shots by the number of lemons you go through! Add salda, limon y gently guzzled not stirred. Muy mucho gusto amigos y amigo!