“Nice Surprise”

Ranked #11 of 102 Restaurants in West Bend
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I had never heard of the restaurant before but I thoroughly enjoyed it. It's very "Wisconsin" and not fancy, but that is ok. The food was absolutely excellent and very fairly priced. I will absolutely go again. I do think they need to accept credit cards however. At least they do accept checks.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is a very small place that is dated. They do take reservations for the Friday Fish Fry (which is rare). Limited parking in the area. Food is quite ordinary.

1  Thank Driver88
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Been going here for years for the BBQ ribs. Great taste, fall off the bone tender ribs. Can't beat the price Tues, Wed, and Thur. all you can eat. This week Saturday tried the filet and ribs combo. One of the best filets I have had in a while. Great combo, great flavor.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

When we ask the group " Where do you want to go for dinner ?? " The answer is always " Silver Lake for Ribs! "

This small, no frills restaurant is one of our favorite places to go for a casual night out with friends. We can always count on great drinks, great service and simple but awesome food.

I always end up getting my old stand-by. The French Onion Soup covered with broiled cheese and the Mustard Ribs and Stuffed Shrimp Combo. Yum! The portions are very generous, I always have enough left over for lunch the next day.

Like I mentioned, this place is pretty small and very popular. I would highly recommend making reservations.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

If you're looking for a hidden gem, this is it! We love places like this, friendly people, good service and great food...what more can I say? I haven't had a bad meal yet. Out of this world french onion soup, ribs, shrimp, fish and steaks, I've had them all and they never disappoint! That being said, on the other side, please take note: you NEED reservations, they DON'T take credit cards and if you're looking for a "fancy" restaurant this isn't it. They're just down home folks who know how to cook!

4  Thank cookie111_13