“Lots of food, good service”

Omicron Family Restaurant
Ranked #39 of 100 Restaurants in West Bend
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We've eaten at Omicron many times over the past eight years, since we moved to the area. Omicron is what I would call a "typical Greek restaurant" -- a menu with so many selections, it's hard to select from (a good thing!), and, depending upon who's cooking in the kitchen, some dishes are better than others. You'll always find consistency at Omicron with its salads and breakfast entrees -- both are exceptionally good. Soups can be very good also, although the cream-based don't fare as well as those that feature broths, tomato bases, or chili (to which one can always add hot sauce!). On our most recent visit, we wanted a quick lunch before heading to the local movie theater. My small Athenian/Greek salad was excellent. It consisted of iceburg lettuce, hard boiled egg, a feta cheese slice (about 2 ounces), kalamata olives (be careful of the pits), cucumber slices, tomato chunks, and a dressing that may have been either a light Italian or possibly Omicron's version of "greek." It was good. The portion, for a "small" was more than enough for a lunch. A large basket of home made bread accompanied the salad. My husband wasn't as thrilled with his lunch. He ordered (I'm guessing at this since there is no online menu to refer to by entre name) a pork patty, which he thought was a sandwich. He should have asked. It came slathered in brown gravy. The accompanying french fries, while tasty, had been encroached upon by the gravy. Yes ,there was a lot of it. He had considered sending it back, and didn't because he felt he should have asked if it was a sandwich when ordering. We'll go back again. We never go with the same expectations we would have of a restaurant that serves less en masse. Again, be ready for lots of choices, large entrees and decent service delivered in a timely manner. A few more smiles from the waitstaff, making it look like they enjoy their roles, would also be helpful!

1  Thank divaw0rld

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Where do I start....It all started with a cup of coffee. My 77 year old Mom has been suffering from dementia for the past year. The one thing she continues to ask for is broasted chicken. I have been a customer at this restaurant for years and know my Mom has enjoyed the food in the past. When we arrivied we were seated in the back corner in a booth in a section that had one other couple. When the waitress (and I use this term with difficulty) came we asked for water and my Mom asked for coffee. The young, tall, brown haired "server" asked if she wanted regular or decaf. My mom stated regular but I corrected her because with her dementia she forgets that she can not tolerate the caffeine. The exchange went back and for and eventually I asked if she would please bring the orange top coffee for her. The "waitress" came with the regular coffee. I asked her to please bring the orange coffee and she left only to come back with not only an attitude but she refused to serve my Mom the decaf. I took her cup and asked her to follow me to the counter and on our way I tried to explain but her level of disrespect and attitude what so offensive that I took the decaf (which my Mom really enjoyed) and sat down. That "waitress" never returned-spoke sarcastically about my serving my Mom coffee. I should have left and/or asked to speak to the manager but I was so taken back that it was all I could do but let my Mom enjoy her chicken and leave (after wrapping her leftover chicken in a napkin since the service SUCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)Will NEVER go back. When I took her back to the Lighthouse of WB, I made sure to pass the word - Unfortunate.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

A Greek family restaurant generous portions reasonable prices. I have know the owner since 1983 when he owned the 4 coins at the corner of 60th and Fond du Lac Ave in Milwaukee.

1  Thank ChrisKuehn
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I was hungry when I stopped here, and it was a good thing I was. I ordered the rueben lunch special. The sandwich was huge with a very nice portion of real (not processed) corned beef. It came with soup, fries and coleslaw. I ate it all, but really could have made two meals out of it. Service was fast and efficient. I wlll be stopping here again.

1  Thank cantstopfishing
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Service was good and food came quickly. My husband and I both had breakfast omlettes that were large with hasbrowns and toast. Unfortunately neither one of us thought they tasted very good and both agreed that the hashbrowns were better than the omlette's. Looks like our 1st visit will be our last.