“Going down hill”

Ranked #25 of 100 Restaurants in West Bend
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I had made this place my favorite for going out for a good steak dinner. The last time I was here though, it wasn't special at all. The food was average and the service was just o.k. So it will probably be a long time until I return. I will find another place as my favorite.

2  Thank goldandsilverrush

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We have been to the Jail House numerous times, but on this particular Friday it was a disappointment. I ordered the Sicilian Haddock which was served with an overly sweet mayonaise based sauce, so I asked to tartar instead. Problem solved? Nope the tartar sauce too was extremely sweet and just did not go well with the fish, which really ruined my dinner. My husband ordered the combo platter which was good. The fish/shrimp were all good, it was the tartar that was so bad. The highlight of the dinner was dessert. Their in-house baker is wonderful and it's worth having dessert.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We ate here two Friday's ago,and,it was delicious. The wait was a little long,but,it was worth the wait.I enjoyed the fried cod all you can eat,while my wife devoured the baked fish. The seafood Chowder was awesome,and,so were the fries,and,cole slaw.They were very busy. The service was a little slow,but not too bad. The cocktails were average. The desert tray looked great,but,we passed on desert.The steaks are also very good here.

4  Thank charliejoe
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Two words: mashed cauliflower. I'm indifferent about this veggie but what they served me was pure magic. My father and I stopped in on a whim on New Year's Eve, and the kind staff squeezed us in on a very busy night. Everything was perfection from start to finish; great service, lovely cocktails, delicious starters and entree. Sadly, I was too full for dessert but after seeing their selection, I will definitely be making a special trip back in the near future.

3  Thank Spyral
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Four of us went out on a Tuesday night to celebrate my wife's birthday. We sat and enjoyed some cocktails at the bar before dinner. The bartender was very friendly, and made some excellent old fashions. For dinner my wife and sister in law had a small filet and shrimp, they were both very pleased! My brother in law and I both had the 32 oz. tomahawk rib eyes. We were blown away by the quality of these cuts! Our waitress could not have been nicer and more helpful!!! We will all be back soon! I strongly urge you to give this place a try!

3  Thank Dandydon9