“Horrible service”

Timmer's On Big CEDAR Lake
Reserve with OpenTable
Timmer's On Big CEDAR Lake is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 100 Restaurants in West Bend
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Come and visit this beautiful historic landmark! Built in 1880 Timmer's Resort was totally remodeled in 2008 to restore the original charm of this lakeside dining and cabin resort. Our beautiful lodge has fire places in each dining room as well as beautiful views of Big Cedar Lake and its surrounding pines and native foliage. Our classic menu offers homemade goodness. Salads, Sandwiches, Seafood, Aged Steaks, Ribs along with our signature dishes Chicken Wellington & Citrus Crusted Salmon! You will discover our homemade desserts are sure to please. Our wine list is strong with California and US wines that will please any wine aficionado. Summer months you will want to enjoy our outdoor dining patio..It's everyone's favorite! Let us share our love of true Wisconsin hospitality with you. Timmer’s offers live music on the weekends for your entertainment. We welcome you to enjoy and discover Timmer’s!
“Horrible service”
Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

Used Timmer's for a party. They didn't have enough seats for our party yet that was what our reservation was for. Service staff was slow to fix the situation. They never took drink orders. Big loss on their sales. There were glasses of water on the table but it was hard to get refills. Food was very good. One of the waitresses was very unprofessional. Food great, atmosphere very nice but service horrible!

“Worth the wait?”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

In reviewing Timmers I have a bit of an advantage in that my family has a home located on Big Cedar Lake where Timmers is located. The location is great! You can arrive by boat, they have their own dock, or car. Pretty lake views, especially dining outside. This spot is great for casual dinners and weddings are held there as well. The food is good and the eggplant strips are a family favorite. Huge downside...waiting for a table. We had reservations for a 7pm dinner for 10. We had to wait until a bit after 7:30 to be seated, great way for us to have to spend $ on drinks at the bar. Having been there numerous times, this wait is not at all unusual. The service is usually pretty good. Timmers is a good location, with good service and a good long wait.

Wisconsin
“Has gotten much better”
Reviewed June 2, 2012 via mobile

In 2010 I wrote a review on how Timmer's could be much better and I am happy to say that it has gotten better. Although I haven't been back for I fish fry I did go back on a Tuesday night as I had heard that they hired a new chef about a year ago. I had their special "Buffallo chicken in a bucket" and it was very good. Ask for blue cheese on the side. The meal also came with coleslaw, which was much improved. So much so I ate mine and my husbands. The menu looks to be more modernize which is definately a plus. I am very happy to see the improvements and will be back to try other menu items.

West Bend, Wisconsin
“Lovely evening...”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Great service. charming, relaxing amosphere. Will go back for an oudoor cocktail when weather permits. delicious entrees.

• Visited April 2012
West Bend, Wisconsin
“Great Mother's Day brunch - well worth it!”
Reviewed April 15, 2012

The atmosphere is terrific at the redone Timmer's - they've spent a lot of time, effort in a thoughtful reconstruction of the old resort; this was welcome, as the old place was a bit tired. The fireplace is comfortable, the ambiance is terrific, and the buffet they served for Mother's Day was very well appointed - many chafing dishes of different proteins and sides, smoked salmon, fruit, and many choices of desserts. We really enjoyed ourselves, and the service was top notch. I very much recommend Timmer's, for brunch or otherwise - this is a great place for a romantic dinner, and was where my husband proposed 23 years ago. :)

Visited May 2011