“A place like the TV sitcom where everyone knows your name”
Review of The Old Cedar Inn

The Old Cedar Inn
Ranked #24 of 100 Restaurants in West Bend
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 30, 2014

The bartenders are friendly while clients enjoy well made cocktails and tap beers served mainly by father and son. The wife is the chef who cooks up favorite menu items.
The restaurant serves nightly specials in addition to their regular menu.
Highly recommended is the broasted chicken, frogs legs, homemade onion soup and excellent onion rings. The fish is fresh and very good.
Fish fry Fridays are very popular. The prices are quite reasonable for excellent value for families, friends and couples.

There are newer reviews for The Old Cedar Inn

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Eight of us at the table served family style. Menu was tenderloin tips, fried chicken, potatoes, corn, & stuffing. Coffee and milk were complimentary with the meal as was dessert. The food was excellent. I couldn't believe the price was around $16 per person. Drinks were dirt cheap (compared to Milwaukee prices). $3.50 for a bloody mary that was almost a meal in inself with the veggies, string cheese and sausage that came with it. Service was a little scattered but not unexpected on a busy restaurant holiday like mother's day. Servers were very accommodating even if we had to send them back to the kitchen multiple times for items we needed.
We conveyed our thanks as we left and when I said I'd like to come back sometime this summer, I was told they have 40 different types of ice cream drinks available. Since I haven't had a "Pink Squirrel" in years, they will definitely be seeing me and my family/friends again even if it is a 45 minute trip each way from home.
Thanks again for the great experience!

1  Thank IrishLass61
Reviewed March 5, 2014

The food here is excellent! The perch is fresh water lake perch not ocean perch. It is fresh, not frozen. The batter was absolutely perfect. We have now been there 2 out of the last 3 weeks. It is that good! On our second visit, I had the sirloin and perch combo. I was expecting a subpar steak but decided to try it because it came with the perch. Best decision I could have made. The steak was done to perfection, all for under $16. Just a note, make a reservation. This bar/restaurant is relatively small. We waited an hour and a half on our first visit because we didn't have a reservation. Oveall great value for excellent food!

Reviewed October 25, 2013

We had dinner her last night. Three tables, two waitresses and yet we could not get our food hot, our drinks or good service. The food was terrible! One of their Thursday "Specials" was nachos. I figured who can screw that up. Well to my surprise they can. My husband ordered a drink that just sat on the bar and was never delivered. Do not eat at this restaurant. You are way better off staying at home having a piece of toast.

Besidest the bad service, the bartender was very obnoxious. Overall a very bad experience :(

1  Thank jss0693
Reviewed September 22, 2013

This is tucked away off of Cedar Lake on the west side Of West Bend. It was worth the drive one of the best newer restaurants in the county. We went for Friday night fish fry. There were many fish to choose from along with chicken and beef specials. The coleslaw was homemade as well as the oven browns which are a specialty potato. The fish was perfectly cooked and served in a timely manor. The place is clean and really cozy!