“Great breakfast”

Ranked #10 of 100 Restaurants in West Bend
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, United States
“Great breakfast”
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

I went here will a few friends for a Saturday morning breakfast. The have an interesting menu. Everything was awesome. Took a little time to get our order but well worth it! I recommend the eggs Benedict or try the crepes! One chocolate and one berry is a great combination.

Santa Barbara, California
“Excellent place for breakfast.”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

This was my first visit to the Grasshopper Restaurant and it was very good. We stopped in after shopping at the Farmer's Market and I loved the atmosphere and the food was great. The servers are very attentive and pleasant. Great service. And the pumpkin scones were very fresh and yummy. And the cart outside with the woman inviting people in was fun. :-)

• Visited September 2013
Mequon, WI
“The best sandwiches EVER!!!”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We have been to this place several times in the past year in the fall and this year in the spring. I have to say that the "Thanksgiving" and the "Pretzel Rachel" HANDS DOWN are the best sandwiches I have ever had!

If you go to their website: eatatgrasshopper.com and take a peek at these mentioned items, you may just find yourself pleasantly surprised, as was I. Being a "very picky" eater (as my husband always reminds me of) I was hesitant to try something new, boy am I glad I did! The "Thanksgiving" with the apple chutney and cranberry relish combination is soooo good with the turkey; however, I did not get it grilled; that made it taste even better!

The "Pretzel Rachel" is basically a classic Reuben only this is made with turkey served on a pretzel bun rather than grilled rye bread, sauerkraut, Swiss cheese, and 1000 Island dressing. Yummmmm. Oh, and the "Classic Chicken" is really good too, but am stuck on the other two. Classic Chicken sandwich is a reliable backup though.

The atmosphere is comfortable; and very warm on those chilly fall days. They have had the Turner Classic Movie channel on the times we have stopped for lunch, but stayed a bit longer just because we were so relaxed by the fire which puts out a LOT of heat.

The staff is friendly, and knowledgeable, which is why we stopped back after we were told they were changing their menu to include a turkey Reuben. The building has charm; so having lunch is like sitting in an old English castle's study with out the suit of armor standing in the corner, very cozy.

If we're out bummin' around on a Saturday, we'll stop for lunch. We have to go there to try their entree menu; now THAT looks tasty!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank GoodWitchoftheNorth
Waupaca, Wisconsin
“Great place for lunch”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We were in West Bend for the Wisconsin Geocachers Cache Bash on Saturday August 10, 2013, and were looking for a place to have lunch nearby and saw this place on tripadvisor. We were very pleased with the atmosphere, the service and the food. My only caveat was that the sourdough bread on my grilled chicken sandwich was DRIPPING with butter! I had asked for the Thousand Island dressing on the side because I am watching my fat intake, and did not realize that there would be so much grease on the bread that I actually had to wipe my fingers way too frequently -- more than I usually do, and I often use three napkins. After I finished, my fingers still felt greasy, so I had to go wash it off in the rest room. That was the only thing that was not acceptable, and I would just encourage them to either not use the butter on the bread so much, OR if a customer asks for dressing on the side, mention that the bread is buttered, and ask if that's okay. I definitely would have said, NO!

• Visited August 2013
“Relaxing atmosphere.”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We had a lovely evening dining at Grasshopper. Food was awesome. Had the chefs special which was a.shrimp scampi style dinner. Awesome but a hair dry. Told waitress and she went out of her way to have the chef make a wine garlic reduction and made my dish so perfect. Would go back in a heart beat. My husband had a burger with jalepenos and pico but said they should grill it instead of frying it. Over all it was still a.great meal - we rate it 4 1/2 stars out of 5. You have to try this place.

• Visited August 2013