“Kinda a disaster”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: phone is 262 338 4888 New restaurant as of 2011
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Heard about the place and were told we better make reservations.
They said they we're booked until 7:30.
Made our B day resevations for 8:00.Got there 10 minutes early and were told they were running 20 minutes behind. All 8 of us went to the bar and watched table after table get seated in front of us after checking back numerous times. It was 20 minutes after 9:00 when they said we could have a table. We were on our way out the door. The bartenders said they try to take walkins along with reservations not to turn people off. Complete rubbish. Place was dirty.
The Hostess just kept saying OH WELL.
All I can do now is spread my word.
Can't comment on the food but the bartenders were good.
Least they could have done was buy a drink.
My friends are still in disbelief.
We settled for average mexican somewhere else.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

We've eaten here twice now. The first time was at the Hibachi table and we both had the chicken and lobster combo. The chicken was good but the lobster was over salty due to too much soy sauce. Otherwise it was an enjoyable experience.

Tonight we ate there again and chose to eat in the regular dining room off of the regular menu. I had the tempura chicken and my husband had the teriyaki chicken. The tempura was overly greasy and bland and my husband thought the teriyaki tasted like a microwave meal. Both meals came with soup and a salad. The soup was broth with tofu and seaweed in it - not very hot but "ok" and the salad was just iceberg lettuce with some orangish dressing that tasted like watered down thousand island dressing. We left disappointed.

The moral of the story - try the hibachi. It was pretty good - but the rest of the menu/food is bland and overpriced.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

This restaurant specializes in two things: a hibachi-based show, and sushi, and is located in a strip mall - don't let that put you off. The show is pretty good - the staff work hard, and the cookstaff are trained pretty well. Note that there is some variability in showmanship - we've had some staff who really go the extra mile. The chefs will give you sake using a squeeze bottle, which can be fun, or can be just messy - one night I came home after dinner completely soaked with sake, due to an extremely liberal hand the chef had with the sake squeeze bottle in spite of protests by me. Other chefs seem to rather go through the motions, so showmanship is really dependent on who you get. However, knife skills seem to be pretty good across the board, so if you like this kind of thing, you'll enjoy the show. The food itself is good, if amounts are a bit smaller than what is served at other local restaurants. Don't get me wrong, I live here and love it, but this city (and well, this part of the country) tends to emphasize quantity - so, I suspect local diners may be a bit disappointed with the amount of food served with the hibachi dinners. However, the quality is fine - nothing particularly special for this kind of dining, but fine. Last time I ordered scallops and steak (rare), and both were cooked as I requested - pretty good, considering the different cooking times for each to get it right. The hibachi dinner comes with miso soup (average), salad with ginger dressing (decent), hibachi noodles (unless you order white rice or fried rice), and several shrimp (also cooked well).

The other part of the restaurant emphasizes sushi - the ingredients have been fresh both times we've done that bit, and the food is well presented. The "love boat" is particularly dramatic, the sushi for two is served on one of those giant wooden boats that sushi restaurants often use. Our sushi was fresh, pretty, and tasty, and would parallel what we would get in the city.

The decor is modern, the restaurant is clean, and the service has been good the times that we have been there. Friday nights have been busy, but when we've been there on another night, it was easy to get a seat at the hibachi grill. Regarding the bar, they have a nice selection of beers (both Japanese and others) and specialty cocktails - I always order the cocktail with vodka and plum wine - can't remember the name, but it smells delicious, and the sweetness of the wine cuts the tang of the vodka.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

The chef did a good show but I'd rate the food average. Had to pay extra $2 for rice.The NY steak with the combo dinner was 2-3 ounces! The portions for the chicken were generous but tasteless. Chef forgot to serve sauces and had to be reminded after everyone was half finished. The green tea tempura ice cream dessert was excellent.
It would take alot of coaxing for me to return

Reviewed June 7, 2012

Ate here this week, and the food was high quality. I had the miso soup and edamame for starters. Then,I ordered the Mango and shrimp sushi roll, and my husband ordered Hot lover's paradise roll. Both were good!

1  Thank Manek